Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 219,601 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I was on a fair bit last month, but I've mostly been focussing on Alien: Isolation recently. I play in the evenings, UK time, and sometimes over the weekend if I'm not out. Like I said it's been a few weeks, but when I was on I could get into deathmatches OK, although everything else was deserted. I don't have Bug Hunt so I could never try that.

I'll probably come back to it at some point, once I'm done with Isolation. I'm tantalisingly close to the PS3 Platinum trophy, so I'll probably play a bit more just to get that.

Russ

Russ

Ahh - I think it might be the platform? I'm on PC - it really is dead. Unless it's really late and I'm half cut - I go through the whole process, then look at the time and think "I can't be arsed" and go downstairs in the desperate hope there's some boxing on telly.

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

the game is not that fun it is not even scary the story is dum and can not play as the alien but you can play it online the part when running away from the raven and the boilers was the scary part.

Jeri

Jeri

Let down.

Liked the idea with the twist with Hicks; horrible execution.

Never buying the hype for any game ever again...

BR1XER

BR1XER

Single player is pure garbage, through and through.

Multiplayer is actually a gem once the controls are worked out and you get used to the aliens' wall-climbing clunkiness. However, for an Aliens game, the mechanics might as well have turned the aliens into wall-climbing zombies, and there would be no difference.

The Old One

The Old One

The worst.

OotS > AVP > RoP >
The Predator > SoS >
The Rage War >
AVP Reboot (F&S and L&D) >
AVPR > ACM

Kradan

Kradan

I like The Predator but even I wouldn't put it above Sea of Sorrows and Rage war trilogy. And i don't think Colonial Marines worse than Requiem.

The Old One

The Old One

Everything deserves it's place.

Kradan

Kradan

Once I installed ACM, played it through, thought boss fights were cool. uninstalled it and never came back to it.

That's pretty much describes my feelings about the game .

razeak

razeak

Loved multiplayer post patches. Single player was pretty mediocre. At launch it was all terrible.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Today i realised i'd never actually played the last level of the game.

I just youtube'd it.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

:o

Not all levels are created equal...  :laugh: But still, Isolation should be at least played once from start to finish.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 01, 2019, 10:00:10 AM

Not all levels are created equal...  :laugh: But still, Isolation should be at least played once from start to finish.

Am, just wanna to clarify - do you know it's ACM-dedicated thread ?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

But still, Isolation should be at least played once from start to finish.

I doubt I'll ever play that one. I don't own any consoles, my computer sucks, and I have close to zero patience with the survival genre.

I've watched a Longplay though and it's a gorgeous game.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 01, 2019, 10:02:45 AM

Am, just wanna to clarify - do you know it's ACM-dedicated thread ?

Lol, my bad! Was surfing the Isolation part of the forum at the time and I obviously got a little bit confused...  :laugh:

The last level of A:CM? Yeah, that's trash. As bad as it can get, mostly cause of the blandness. I appreciate you not just shooting it with 3000 bullets, but the level felt so uninspired. AVP2010's disappointing Queen boss fight is so much better than A:CM's. The encounter with the Queen in the DLC, in the cave, is a bit more fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed