In Town With A Few Days To Kill, Predator 2 30th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #118

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 21, 2020, 05:30:32 PM

Author
In Town With A Few Days To Kill, Predator 2 30th Anniversary Retrospective - AvP Galaxy Podcast #118 (Read 10,440 times)

Kradan

I mean, how I supposed fo know what a 3-month embryo looks like ?

TheBATMAN

Because it doesnt look like an embryo after three months. It looks like a recognisable baby as shown by the Pred's vision. The point is Leona got pregnant several months before she met Jerry.

Billiken

PVC

Hi. Im Leona's baby ..... Not any more a baby    I am 23 &half  now. I live in Europe (par time ) never heard about my dad   Mama told me he left when I was one year old. So no memories of him.  Just few photos
My mom told me his name.  Of course it was not Jerry.   Later, she spoke about Jerry and what happened this 1997 summer.( Because .... Remember ...... It was 1997.  It's why I am almost 24.).   I learned about that story 10 years ago   I was 14 ... Almost. She told me what she saw. What happened. This thing killing her colleagues
And the subway. But I never realy trusted her   For me ,mom , Leona , has always been a little bite " special "
I can't say crazy .... After all , she is my mom

Kradan

seattle24

Very wholesome pod.

I have fond memories of getting Predator 2 on DVD as a child when we were on holiday in the Isle of Wight. I was only 11 or 12 but my parents knew I was infatuated with Alien so caved! The cover art rocked. And the film itself isn't bad at all. I feel it's quite a unique entry into the wider mythos. Its neither glaringly bad or insanely good; in retrospect, it probably took the Predator franchise exactly where it needed to go.

You knew you weren't getting Arnie back before you went in, and nothing in the film damaged what the first one set out. You can't say that about a lot of the Alien sequels which what makes Predator 2 so inoffensive in my opinion.

Lost_Hunter

Great podcast guys! Love me some Predator 2. One of the best endings ever in film. Still remember the first time I watched it, I was 7. It's got some moments that are pure late 80s early 90s tropes but I think it ads to the charm. They just don't make movies like this anymore.

Gr33n M4n

Yeah, the ending to Pred 2 is very memorable. So much lore was illustrated in that ending.

Voodoo Magic

Kradan

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 25, 2020, 11:03:37 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 25, 2020, 11:00:04 PM
PREDATOR 2 = PREDATOR BIBLE

What does it make you - Predator Moses ?

Leading his people against the heresy of Crabators.

XenoHunter99

That was quite a listen! Voodoo, your passion and enthusiasm made it quite enjoyable! Good job all!  :) I really love P2 up to the point when they meet Gary Busey and his team. To me, the movie sort of jumps off the rails there. I also love the end, when Harrigan goes into the Predator ship. Somehow, I think the movie would have been stronger if it had remained a police story with the Predator doing what he did. I should watch it again to see what I think now.

I also like the idea of Predators having a more complex society with codes of honor and rules for their hunts. It gives the Predators depth as characters. But I'm equally happy with the historical sequences in AVP, where the Predators sort of acted as stewards of human development so they could visit at intervals and have better hunting on Earth. :P Some will say that's heresy. I guess that's maybe one more way I can give Immortan Jones an aneurysm?  :o I kid! I kid!  :laugh:

Billiken

MrBnetV

...I always thought the movie kicked up a natch when Busey popped in. Added another layer to the mythos, because OF COURSE the U.S. Government knew about the Predators.

I was really looking forward to something similar in "The Predator" (2018), but unfortunately that movie played it like a parody.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed