Prey Score Releases on August 5th

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Aug 01, 2022, 10:51:09 PM

Author
Prey Score Releases on August 5th (Read 9,288 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I agree honestly PredBabe, the most unremarkable aspect of the film to me's definitely the score, it works for what it is but I do not remember it.

Maybe it will leave more of an impression upon rewatch.

ace3g

ace3g

During
Spoiler
Spoiler
Taabe's death scene
[close]
[close]
I really enjoyed the tribal drums and that siren type score when all other audio is muted.

AussyP

AussyP

Score to rival the original! absolutely beautiful!

Dreadlock Holiday

This score really blew me away! I especially liked how it compliments the stunning landscape shots in the movie.
Naru's Way is one of the best themes of the franchise.
Here's to you Sarah Schachner 👍👍

Kailem

Kailem

I'll have to pay more attention to it on a rewatch, because after my initial viewing I thought the score was one of the weakest aspects of the film.

It was fine while I was watching it, but a few hours later I couldn't remember a single track or tune, and that's not something I couldn't say about any of the other Predator movies (and not just because half the tracks in Predators are re-used from the original). Just seemed like "obligatory movie music" with nothing that really stood out.

It's also a shame we didn't get anything whatsoever as far as themes from past movies go, or anything that really felt "Predator-y". Even the tracks that some people have said have subtle hints of Alan Silvestri's score I've listened to over and over and I still can't hear it. I get that it would have probably felt a bit out of place to use the straight-up jungle drums, but even AVPR gave us Wolf's theme that felt very much like a Predator kinda tune while still being original.

So yeah, definitely a little disappointed about that.

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I can't really appreciate or pick up on specifics until I get to listen to the scores in isolation. I've been listening to the score practically none-stop over the weekend I'm really enjoying. The use of the Predator score with the strings is genius. It's just hidden so well, so subtly, but now I know it's there I can't stop hearing it.

skull-splitter

I listen to the soundtrack the next week or so and let it marinate. The strings weeping feel like the intro of Assassins Creed 3, and that is by no means a bad thing...

(Bad Blood)

I really loved the score of the film! There are a few that stand out for me, my favorite being "The Onslaught" and my second being tied with "Predator instinct" and "The Cruel Delight" and my third "Naru's way" which is very nice. I actually noticed the music during scenes and noticed how good it was on my first viewing, for me anyway.

Clubroot

Clubroot

Any word on Vinyl or 24 bit digital releases?

Kilt-Man

Kilt-Man

Schachner's score is tribal, evocative and contains one of the most beautiful tracks I've heard for a long time.

As part of extensive coverage I've provided on my channel, here is my full review of this fabulous score, complete with pinpointing the Silvestri homage.

Cheers

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I completely changed my mind on the score on rewatch. Beautiful score. Especially the three here: 

ace3g

BlueMarsalis79

Very interesting.

BigDaddyJohn

I loved the score. It was something different but very fitting, and not overwhelming either.

skull-splitter

Beyond the great plains is grand, I love how the layers play on another.

But Naru's way, Predator Instinct and The Hunter stick out too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed