10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 195

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 141,844 times)

CANNON

CANNON

I love reading the responses, truly do. I just hope that they bring it back to the vibe of 1987 predator and abandon the head on action first nonsense. I want my silent hunter back on screen tactically Stalking, patient and brutal.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

One thing I'll say about the reception to the last Pred film is - as much as there were some positive reviews on release - there was a swathe of "this absolutely stinks" type reviews too.

I've only doomscrolled through Twitter to gauge reception on this but it seems unanimous that this is a very, VERY good Pred film.

I've genuinely not seen one review criticising it.

I'll still take it with a pinch of salt but this looks massively promising.

Clubroot

Clubroot

Dont trust the early reviews and reactions. Better to watch it yourself.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

According to youtube reactions, the movie is about 90 minutes long. Shorter than usual.

And very short for a theater movie these days, hence why it's maybe more suited for streaming.

Doomofman

Doomofman

That's a shame. Was hoping it'd be closer to 2 hours

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I was expecting something around 1h45.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Yo someone give me those spoilers, I wanna know how the final fight ends.

Wysps

Wysps

Seeing all the positive responses is very reassuring  :)

So far, only good things!

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 22, 2022, 03:28:17 PMAccording to youtube reactions, the movie is about 90 minutes long. Shorter than usual.

And very short for a theater movie these days, hence why it's maybe more suited for streaming.

True.  I don't mind the shorter length.  Who knows, maybe it was longer at one point and they cut it down to "trim the fat", so to speak.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

So does Naru get the honor of taking out the Predator or do they pull some dues ex machina and have something/someone save her at the end?
Spoiler
Like some have suggested greyback comes out of nowhere and shoots feral in the back of the head with the flintlock pistol.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

A lean 90 minutes sounds perfect for a movie like this, honestly. Last thing I'd want, especially coming right off the back of The Predator, is a bloated mess of a Predator movie. This seems to be a much smaller movie, and driven more by its action, and based on the fan response it is seeming like whatever runtime they landed on was likely just the right amount of time the film could sustain that energy and momentum.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Are there any scenes with Feral by himself? Like tending a wound, preparing weapons, etc.

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 22, 2022, 05:14:29 PMAre there any scenes with Feral by himself? Like tending a wound, preparing weapons, etc.

There's a wonderful scene where he walks up the side of a mountain and sings:

"High on a hill there's a lonely goat..."

Wait.. wrong film, sorry.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

It says there is minimal dialogue for a lot of the movie so 90 mins will probably make it feel longer than it really is.

Anyone care to comment on the Pred vision in this?

I find the sfx for the vision sounds so iconic from the first two films. I'm not a fan when they change it.

PredatorvsAliens

PredatorvsAliens

90 min is way to short,
And of course the people from that screening will give it a 10 out of 10
They just got that whole experience free with food, drinks and candy on top of it.
Like I said earlier,
Don't get your hopes up too quick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed