[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20.1%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
46 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 129,905 times)

The Shuriken

Ok so I think we have enough to go on here to begin a full discussion. Here are some images courtesy of shadowedge, thank you by the way.

So what are we all thinking at this point? Me...I'm not digging the face. It's looking too different, even for a possible subspecies. Another critique I have is the dreads. They look too thin.

ace3g

Samhain13

Looks way too different. Like that's not the Predator I became a fan of. Mask, dreads, armor... I'm like... what is that ?

Feels like a reboot with a redesigned Predator creature to be honest.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 05, 2022, 03:20:45 AMLooks way too different. Like that's not the Predator I became a fan of. Mask, dreads, armor... I'm like... what is that ?

Feels like a reboot with a redesigned Predator creature to be honest.

What we have seen of the armor and mask look fine to me. I like that this Predator has a type of backpack, which I liked on Jungle Hunter, Wolf, and the 2004 AVP Predators.

SiL

I like the bone mask.

Mike’s Monsters

I like the idea of a Predator using more primitive style of armors to hunt a more primitive prey. If that means bones, I'm in. That mask is sick. Ready for some figures of this Predator to take photos of!

Master

As far as we can tell with material avaliable I like the design.
Mask- I`d rather have more simple approach to the mask vide Predator 2 crew, but I think this skull piece is an attatchment like jaw on the BSP and we will have version without it throughout the movie.
Face- I don`t think we have enough material to judge it. Looks monstrous, which is good.
Shield- I love the shield. I always thought such shield would fit the predator. The design is similar to Van Fanel`s from Vision of Escaflowne or Kratos`s for GoW 2018.
Backpack- classic predator backpack is back, love it!
Sword- the handle above left shoulder looks like sword grip of Borg predator. We`ll see what it does.
Wristblades- The do look very classic, dual wristblades. From what we have I think they are thiner and more hook in design.
Spear- The thing that hits the tree is either spear of arrow. Both are more then welcome!

Xerxész

Quote from: Master on Jun 05, 2022, 08:12:14 AMSpear- The thing that hits the tree is either spear of arrow. Both are more then welcome!
That's an arrow. It seems that there will be no plasmacaster this time ( :( ), but a speargun or a kinda high-tech bow as the Predator's ranged weapon (for what else would there be the target laser?).

However, there is a spear/combi-stick as well, the horseman uses it.

BlueMarsalis79

I think it's a lady Predator.

Kradan

I don't see any boobies on it

Preydator

I absolutely love it. The thinner dreads look good, the biomask is different yet monstrous and stylish. The shield is amazing.

And the Pred appears to be HUGE.

Corporal Hicks

Just crossposting from the Catch All thread but it reminds me of one of Wolf's early designs.

RoguePred1987

New guy here with a theory I've had for a while; Does Legacy FX, formerly Stan Winston Studio, legally own the original designs from Pred/Pred 2? While 2oth Century owns the character. So any new company, while they can make Preds, they have to legally make them different even by small degrees to avoid Legacy FX's copyright?

Stitch

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 05, 2022, 07:22:02 AM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AMhttps://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=11994;image

They "stole" the shield concept from the AvP: Redemption fan film. :)

I was thinking more Sekiro. Prequel set in Japan showing that this is a jet setting Predator nicking things from various countries.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed