Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Returning As Dutch In New Predator: Hunting Grounds DLC

Started by SuperiorIronman, May 12, 2020, 01:22:48 PM

Author
Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Returning As Dutch In New Predator: Hunting Grounds DLC (Read 24,328 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

https://ew.com/gaming/arnold-schwarzenegger-predator-hunting-grounds/

Starting May 26, players will be able to purchase a DLC that allows gamers to play as Dutch, one of the new Fireteam members, while narration recorded by Schwarzenegger will help shed light on what the character has been up to since the events of director John McTiernan's original film.

"The premise of it is [Dutch] recorded these tapes since '87 after the first movie," says Jared Gerritzen, the Chief Creative Officer at IllFonic who wrote the new Dutch story. "Throughout these tapes, there are those arrows [pointing to] what he's doing, kind of like safeguards if he gets killed or captured. These tapes are gonna be used to essentially keep his story going."

Hopefully Hicks can confirm this or not

Corporal Hicks

It's legit coming from EW. Bummer that this is paid DLC given the feeling that the game is incomplete. But it's pretty f**king cool.

SuperiorIronman

I figured paid DLC would be a thing given the loot boxes require in-game cash.

Someone supposedly found a Predator autopsy in the game's files that aren't used anywhere else. I'm wondering if this might be connected. I was actually looking for the image on Reddit when I stumbled onto this,

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

I'm actually super pumped to have Dutch back! Though I am curious. If we have to pay for this DLC, I wonder what the other DLC that they'll be releasing for free is... because towards the end of April, I recall them saying about how they have a road map for DLC's and add-ons for the game, and that they'd be releasing one in a months time (end of May, beginning of June) that was going to be free. So possibly 2 DLC's within a couple weeks of each other? Fine by me, I love this game, even with its faults. More material the better! 🤗

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 12, 2020, 01:36:56 PM
I figured paid DLC would be a thing given the loot boxes require in-game cash.

Someone supposedly found a Predator autopsy in the game's files that aren't used anywhere else. I'm wondering if this might be connected. I was actually looking for the image on Reddit when I stumbled onto this,

And this sounds interesting! I'd love to see that autopsy!

molasar

molasar

Love it.

I still wonder what the free DLC is going to be.

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: molasar on May 12, 2020, 01:44:48 PM
Love it.

I still wonder what the free DLC is going to be.

😂 I was just wondering that myself!

molasar

molasar

I can imagine the following matches now: x4 Dutch vs x1 Jungle Hunter

Dutch still has scars from a gun net and some new Predator mask .

Samhain13

If there was ever a DLC worth paying for... its this one. Dutch is f**king back.  ;D

Isn't the upcoming novel Stalking Shadows gonna tie the game? Maybe Dutch will be on it.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like we maybe getting that M16 with underslung launcher too - though futured and genericed up. I am superf**king excited for this! Really been hoping we'd see this, and it's a good move making this the first DLC.

Gr33n M4n

This is cool. I had a feeling he'd come in the form of a DLC.

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Taking some design cues from the Nolan concept in Predators (which was originally supposed to be Dutch anyway)?

Quote from: molasar on May 12, 2020, 02:18:51 PM

Can't wait to snag all that content when the complete version of the game eventually makes it to Steam! ;)

LV-12986

I would have been exactly 1 year old when Dutch recorded the tape, Shame I don't have a PlayStation to hear it when it comes out 🙄

acrediblesource

Hands down- sounds like the single player experience we were hoping for! Damn he looks real- i almost thought it was  a photoshop but total is the ingame mode
New Ranking system tool!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed