NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,172,899 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I reeeeeeeally hope they make the Dark Blade Clan skin. It's far too good to pass up.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 06, 2016, 07:00:21 PM
I reeeeeeeally hope they make the Dark Blade Clan skin. It's far too good to pass up.
Yeah, that one was really the only other super unique skin since the rest were movie-based and the Borgia-captured skin (can't remember the name as I type this) where it's mostly an armor-less off-blue-colored skinny Predator isn't that appealing.

Master

Master

I've ordered him in June...

Kailem

Kailem

Broken Tusk preview!

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Kailem on Nov 24, 2016, 04:24:13 AM
Broken Tusk preview!

Looks cool...but I hope that his armor ain't that green when they release him, I don't remember it being green in the comic.

Are the new Predators, from series 16 the same size as the ones from AVP? AVP predators are much bigger than the other predators released so far. I've been hitting google for pics but haven't found any...If any of you got lets say, Scar, Ghost and Jungle Hunter could you post a pic?... :-)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

No they definitely won't be the same size as the AVP figures. The reason the AVP figures are largely, is to be accurate to the movie. All the other Predators they use the jungle and city hunter sculpts will be smaller.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: The Shuriken on Nov 24, 2016, 05:02:53 AM
No they definitely won't be the same size as the AVP figures. The reason the AVP figures are largely, is to be accurate to the movie. All the other Predators they use the jungle and city hunter sculpts will be smaller.

I remember reading that Ghost and the other figures from series 16 will use the same upperbody/torso as the AVP figures, if they do then the figure will be larger, If you look at the lates pictures of Ghost then you can see that he doesn't share the same upperbody as previous "Jungle Hunter" figures. The AVP upperbody will also be used for the new city hunter and I think that Ultimate City Hunter will be larger than the ones already released. We might be looking at a new scale...

EDIT:

Just saw some reviews on Youtube, looks that we both are right, they use the AVP torso but the legs are from previous figures so they are in scale with all figures but the AVP ones...It looks like it's the legs, not the upperbody that makes the AVP preds much taller than the other figures.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Milan on Nov 24, 2016, 04:48:53 AM
Broken Tusk preview!

Looks cool...but I hope that his armor ain't that green when they release him, I don't remember it being green in the comic.

Are the new Predators, from series 16 the same size as the ones from AVP? AVP predators are much bigger than the other predators released so far. I've been hitting google for pics but haven't found any...If any of you got lets say, Scar, Ghost and Jungle Hunter could you post a pic?... :-)

Yes he was green in the comics.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Milan on Nov 24, 2016, 05:50:50 AMThe AVP upperbody will also be used for the new city hunter and I think that Ultimate City Hunter will be larger than the ones already released.
#

But then surely the proportions will be all wrong? City Hunter didn't have Anderson's Arnie body.

The Ancient One

The Ancient One

Here's the rundown on the figure sizes:

Jungle Hunter: Same body size as before new articulation added no shared parts with AVP. Added articulation = ab crunch, ball jointed waist, turn joint at bicep, double jointed elbows, gauntlets are separate sculpt now which added a turn joint there.

City Hunter: Same body size as before new articulation added no shared parts with AVP. Added articulation: ab crunch, turn joint at bicep, double jointed elbows, gauntlets are separate sculpt now which added turn joint.

AVP: Larger scale same articulation as Ultimate JH and CH but the leg armor is sculpted separate and can be removed unlike JH & CH. The articulation is also hidden better because the articulation was sculpted into the sculpt and with JH & CH the added articulation was added to the sculpt.

Hope this helps 2 differnt height sizes and no shared parts it would look silly.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: The Ancient One on Nov 24, 2016, 11:57:38 AM
Here's the rundown on the figure sizes:

Jungle Hunter: Same body size as before new articulation added no shared parts with AVP. Added articulation = ab crunch, ball jointed waist, turn joint at bicep, double jointed elbows, gauntlets are separate sculpt now which added a turn joint there.

City Hunter: Same body size as before new articulation added no shared parts with AVP. Added articulation: ab crunch, turn joint at bicep, double jointed elbows, gauntlets are separate sculpt now which added turn joint.

AVP: Larger scale same articulation as Ultimate JH and CH but the leg armor is sculpted separate and can be removed unlike JH & CH. The articulation is also hidden better because the articulation was sculpted into the sculpt and with JH & CH the added articulation was added to the sculpt.

Hope this helps 2 differnt height sizes and no shared parts it would look silly.

The torso and legs from Ghost in series 16 will be used to make "Ultimate Jungle Hunter". I'm sure they will use the same body for "Ultimate city Hunter"...If you look at the waist line on ghost then you'll see that it ain't the same body with added articulation, the upperbody/ torso is a new mold. The articulation joint at the waist is now a ball joint, same as City Hunter and AVP predators so the upperbody on Ghost is all new mold...Previous figures who used the Jungel Hunter mold had a swirvel joint at the waist.

I'm working on scar predator right now, made his lower legs shorter so his knees aren't visable when standing upright, that makes him about the same height as the City Hunter, I'm thinking about shorting his torso but haven't desided the best way to do it, without losing articulation. I'll post pics when he's finished :-)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: bobcunk on Nov 24, 2016, 06:44:13 AM
Quote from: Milan on Nov 24, 2016, 04:48:53 AM
Broken Tusk preview!

Yes he was green in the comics.

Yeah, looks pretty accurate to the comic!

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah it's funny, it's been years since I last read the original Aliens vs Predator comic and I didn't remember his armour being that green either, but a quick google search quickly showed I was apparently mistaken about that.  :P

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Well to be fair, one could argue that the figure is too green; green seemed to be used in the comic as a undertone (like the black in a classic Daredevil costume or the blue in Black Panther's first appearance).

However, I think it gives the figure an extra retro, comic-book feel - I'm digging it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed