Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 423,803 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Nope, just my reaction when I see a film thats considered a classic getting trashed like its a Roger Corman flick.

(And then to also act like AvP is anything but mediocre at best :()

Jigsaw85

I know Aliens is the better movie overall but I think AVP beats it in terms of pacing.

TheBATMAN

Couldn't disagree more. AVP is all over the place with its pacing and the first 50 minutes is wasted. Aliens by contrast establishes its characters well, especially its supporting cast so they are not just mindless canon fodder barring a couple, and it builds up plenty of tension.

AVP tries to replicate that and fails completely - a problem exaggerated by the fact far too much is condensed into the last 30 mins of the film.

ace3g

#80 days till The Predator

Scorpio

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 25, 2018, 03:47:27 AM
I'd really like to know what good ideas AVPR has that isn't the very basic concept behind Wolf.

The predator planet scene, though brief, showed a lot of potential.

Other than that not too much.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 26, 2018, 12:15:02 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jun 25, 2018, 03:47:27 AM
I'd really like to know what good ideas AVPR has that isn't the very basic concept behind Wolf.

The predator planet scene, though brief, showed a lot of potential.

Other than that not too much.
It showed potential for locking down too much too soon.
#keepsomemystery

OpenMaw

Would have preferred a shot cutting to space, we hear the distress beacon echoing, and Wolf's ship approaches Earth.

The Predator planet scene serves absolutely no purpose at all. It shows Wolf too soon, the "Predator telemetry" is just a rehash which is covered when Wolf goes to the wreckage of the ship... It's just a worthless scene.

Scorpio

I agree it didn't need to be in the movie but regardless it's still the best scene in the whole movie.

OpenMaw

I don't know man. I like the scene at the end.

When it's over.

Huggs

The only scene that didn't need to be in the movie, but was still fun, was the booty scene.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2018, 04:48:09 AM
The only scene that didn't need to be in the movie, but was still fun, was the booty scene.

I was looking at the clock.

Waiting for the film to get on with it.

*BA-DM-TSHHHHH*

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 27, 2018, 05:10:44 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2018, 04:48:09 AM

I was looking at the clock.

Waiting for the film to get on with it.

*BA-DM-TSHHHHH*

Was it 6 minutes after 9?

*BA-DM-TSHHHHH*

skull-splitter

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 27, 2018, 02:20:07 AM
I agree it didn't need to be in the movie but regardless it's still the best scene in the whole movie.
To you and some handfull of people who thought it is cool to lock down characteristics of the home world. I liked some of their concepts far better, but I always thought of them as a nomadic species.

Corporal Hicks

It's not to say they can't be. Might just be one particular tribe that has settled down.

Wysps

I like how the recent AVP trilogy handled the homeworlds: they're all nomadic, but there's still a "homeworld" left where each individual makes a pilgrimage to at least once in their life.  We didn't really find out much else about it, other than it exists.  The planet shown in AVP-R wasn't what I was expecting from a planet inhabited by Predators.  May have been all the fog covering up the flora.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed