Still Out There...

Started by Frosty Venom, Apr 30, 2019, 06:41:12 AM

Author
Still Out There... (Read 6,320 times)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

There are multiple locations in the Alien Universe that are out there and still contain the means of Xenomorph creation. Will these sites ever be encountered by humans? How long will they lie dormant?

First there is LV-233 post-Prometheus. Not only is there a crashed Engineer Juggernaut on the surface but multiple still lay beneath the surface. These ships contain massive amounts of the Black Pathogen and the means to weaponise it. There is also the lone Deacon. Some may find their answers in Fire and Stone & Life and Death but I personally don't consider them canon.

Then there are David's Neomorph egg sacks and Ovomorphs of Planet 4. When David and the last survivors of the Covenant crew escaped Planet 4 they left behind a planet likely littered with Neomorph egg sacks. There are also multiple Ovomorphs left unopened deep in David's chambers.

David also has complete control over the USCSS Covenant and it's two surviving crew members, 2000 colonists and 1140 second-generation embryos. He also has at least two Ovomorph embryos. Destination: Origae 6.

Finally, was the Derelict truly destroyed by the detonation of the Atmosphere processor? Or has Weyland Yutani revisited this site as seen in Aliens: Female War, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens: Infestation?

Are any of these locations related to how Weyland Yutani appears to have so many specimens over the course of Alien: Blackout, Aliens: Defiance, Aliens: Resistance, Aliens: Rescue and Alien: The Cold Forge?

SM

SM

Setting aside that they can all be traced back to David at some point, can probably say 'no' to the last question.  At least right now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm hoping we'll go back to Paradise at some point!

I do wonder how much can be traced back to Sevastapol's floating army of Aliens.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 30, 2019, 07:40:31 AM
I do wonder how much can be traced back to Sevastapol's floating army of Aliens.

I assume that's where the one from Blackout may have come from.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Apr 30, 2019, 06:52:37 AM
Setting aside that they can all be traced back to David at some point
Not all sources can be traced back to David, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Apr 30, 2019, 06:41:12 AM

Finally, was the Derelict truly destroyed by the detonation of the Atmosphere processor? Or has Weyland Yutani revisited this site as seen in Aliens: Female War, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens: Infestation?
it also gets revisited in AvPClassic on PC, in the first Marine mission.
Also according to the USCM Tech Manual it was not destroyed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But I have it on good authority that the derelict was destroyed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 01, 2019, 01:59:50 AM
Not all sources can be traced back to David, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

If the story follows its current intended trajectory...yes, they'll all be having to trace back to David at some point.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2019, 03:31:49 AM

I don't think it's been mentioned in the current continuity so I'd be interested to hear what state it's supposed to be in now.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2019, 07:38:42 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 01, 2019, 01:59:50 AM

If the story follows its current intended trajectory...yes, they'll all be having to trace back to David at some point.
And when they get traced back to David then that will be true, but at the moment my statement stands.

The "current trajectory" post-Prometheus was that Shaw was going to get to the Engineer planet and get her answers, but saying with definitive certainty that that's what happens just because it's "the current trajectory" woudn't just be silly, it would be outright wrong given how things played out. The "current trajectory" isn't "canon" anymore than any headcanon is, because it hasn't happened yet.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2019, 07:38:42 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2019, 03:31:49 AM

I don't think it's been mentioned in the current continuity so I'd be interested to hear what state it's supposed to be in now.
The USCM Tech Manual is in the current continuity, so we know what state it's in. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 01, 2019, 07:51:39 AM
And when they get traced back to David then that will be true, but at the moment my statement stands.

The "current trajectory" post-Prometheus was that Shaw was going to get to the Engineer planet and get her answers, but saying with definitive certainty that that's what happens just because it's "the current trajectory" woudn't just be silly, it would be outright wrong given how things played out. The "current trajectory" isn't "canon" anymore than any headcanon is, because it hasn't happened yet.

At the risk of this turning into yet another asinine and circular canon argument...That's fair but the difference is David has already made the Alien and Scott has fully stated his intentions in regards to David being the Alien's creator. And that's where we currently stand.

It could be changed in future entries to be he created a Alien but that is not the current intention. I certainly hope they do change the direction but I'm not going to ignore the facts that that is the intention.

SM

SM

WYR says the Derelict was rendered unviable as a source of eggs after the destruction of Hadley.

CMTM is a core reference for things relating to the marines but the events of the last chapter don't count.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on May 01, 2019, 09:03:10 AM
WYR says the Derelict was rendered unviable as a source of eggs after the destruction of Hadley.

CMTM is a core reference for things relating to the marines but the events of the last chapter don't count.

Thanks for the info, SM. Much appreciated.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 01, 2019, 08:17:12 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 01, 2019, 07:51:39 AM

At the risk of this turning into yet another asinine and circular canon argument...That's fair but the difference is David has already made the Alien and Scott has fully stated his intentions in regards to David being the Alien's creator. And that's where we currently stand.

It could be changed in future entries to be he created a Alien but that is not the current intention. I certainly hope they do change the direction but I'm not going to ignore the facts that that is the intention.
"Intent" does not equal "canon" - what's "canon" are the movies/books/etc themselves; based on those, "Not all sources can be traced back to David" is accurate. Could that change? Hey, sure, we'll have to wait and see.

SiL

SiL

Man at this point it feels like you're actively trying to miss the point for the sake of an argument.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on May 01, 2019, 09:41:51 AM
Man at this point it feels like you're actively trying to miss the point for the sake of an argument.
When the counter to "Not all sources can be traced back to David" is "they will be, eventually", it's not exactly a compelling argument. Call me when they've wrapped up the myriad loose ends I guess. :)

Edit-- made a pretty important change to back things away from being a "canon debate".

yhe1

yhe1

There's nothing to discuss. Its just a personal choice of whether you accept the titan books, or Scott's intentions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed