Sigourney Wants To Resurrect Ripley

Started by Darkness, Jun 30, 2008, 09:00:38 PM

Author
Sigourney Wants To Resurrect Ripley (Read 18,541 times)

AVP Fan

AVP Fan

I think theres no need for Sigourney and if she appears make her wear the alien custom and then burn it.   >:D  

PHANTOM

We don't need Weaver in a Alien 5 what we need is either Ridley or Cameron to take control of it.

Pvt. Hicks

phantom ur smarter than that ripley=alien series, aka alien 5? ok?

Matt

Matt

You know, I'm sorry, you can't make a good alien movie without Ripley. It wasn't so much the aliens that were so interesting, but her reaction and interaction with them. If Ridley Scott directed, I think we would have a god damn good movie there, period.

Fury_616

I'm glad Weaver wants to come back as Ripley one more time.  What they should do is sign her on and get Ridley and/or Cameron to produce.  As for writing, directing and set design, just get Giger and David Cronenberg together and let them do whatever they want with the Alien.  If anybody can direct a film about biomechanics, it's Cronenberg.    ;D  

PHANTOM

Don't get me wrong I like Weaver, but she has gotten so old I'm afraid she might break a leg if she fires a rilfe on set lol. Arnie is awesome but god dam he so old than putting him in the next Terminator movie would be a bad idea. You know? The truth is we don't need Weaver, what we need is either Cameron or Ridley back, thats a need, big time NEED   ;D  

Alien 5

Alien 5

I'd say Ridley Scott more than Cameron to make the next one.  Ridley has made more films recently that have had strong acting, and Cameron hasn't really done much recently to continue to judge his film making skills.  I'd say get this film back to sets and costumes and forget CGI, it's not needed.  It'll be the fault of the fans if they don't get Scott/Cameron/Weaver back, having allowed the AvP films to become a moderate success because you don't know a good film from your ass, giving FOX the confidence to continue the films with untalented film makers and writers.

spinner7478

to Pvt. Hicks and everyone else who says you can't make another Alien movie without Ripley:  what are you smoking...and can I have some?  Honestly, after Alien Resurrection I can't believe anyone thinks there is a plausible reason to ever see her character again.  Don't get me wrong...Weaver's character established this series, and it's a shame what they did to her in Alien 3 & 4...But it's TOO LATE NOW.  Everyone keeps acting like the AVP movies killed any chance of a Alien 5...NO, they didn't, Resurrection did that (and Sigourney Weaver should take some blame too for signing on to that pile of junk just for a big paycheck).  Just reboot the franchise with Steve Perry's novels (leaving out the Ripley thread, of course) and see what happens.

jose

jose

Sigourney Weaver RULES and there is no doubt about her being able to star in a fifth Alien film. the Ripley character is what makes this film. Not to make a fifth one and close up the storyline in a proper way would just be extremely sad for one of the greatest "series" ever made.

Ben

Ben

"Oh please God please let FOX suffer a random brain spasm and leteth thy stupid executives fall dead so a more worthy executive can make the decision to make make Aliens 5 before Signorney Weaver retires" - Amen

PHANTOM

If they are going to make an Alien 5 with Weaver Fox better get their heads out of their asses now and drop this AVP crap so they can start filming Alien 5 because Weaver....ain't gettin any yunger if you know what I mean   ;)  

ZEN

ZEN

They're not going to make A5,they're going to make AVP3 first.The reason why is that the AVP franchise is--(although many will not accept this fact)--a big hit and the next big thing.For a while I thought that a petition whould work,but Marvel was supposed to make THOR for 2009.But after a long while of going through script ideas Matthew vaughn's contract expired,so if the petition does work then they'll gett David Twohy to direct AVP3,but FOX will just say "No,this script is not as good as the original four"and they'll go through so many ideas that Twohy's contract will expire,then they'll say "This has gone on long enough" and pick the cheapest and lamest script idea and give it to some jackass who just graduated from directing school and they'll give a budget of less then $40 mil and because of that they will not have enough money to afford Weaver to play as Ripley# 8 so they'll just get some daytime soap actress to play Ripley which will seriously piss off alien fans (and me,even though I'm just a pred fan).

Sulaco

Sulaco

Too true Zen No way in hell is this Ridley, Cameron, Weaver anything near a Fox budget. A5 production hell.

ZEN

ZEN

Now because of that FOX will refuse to make any more A / P / AVP movies.Then after a long while of people bitching,they'll remake the first 2 films which will piss off the original fans and the future generation will watch the films and think "Good grief,we invented that technology years ago!!"--(such as this: http://science.howstuffworks.com/invisibility-cloak.htm )--and then theres robots like ASIMO,which 20 years from now will be like Ash and Bishop,so alot of the future generation will think the movies suck.And those movies will make less then AVP3 (which I imagen will make less then $90 mil).And that is what will really kill the franchises   >:(  .

ZEN

ZEN

WOW!!!.I'm shocked,this link actually work's!!!   :o  .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed