Henry Jackman to Score Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’

Started by ace3g, Mar 30, 2018, 03:28:17 AM

Author
Henry Jackman to Score Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’ (Read 17,814 times)

ace3g

ace3g

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/03/29/henry-jackman-to-score-shane-blacks-the-predator/

QuoteAs previously reported, Jackman (Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Civil War, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, X-Men: First Class, Big Hero 6, Kong: Skull Island) also has Disney's animated sequel Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 coming up.

Composer (42 credits)
2018 Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (original score composed by) (post-production)
  Just Cause (announced)
2017 Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (music by)
2017 Kingsman: The Golden Circle
2017 Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Video Game)
2017 Kong: Skull Island
2016 Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
2016 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Video Game)
2016 Captain America: Civil War
2016 The Birth of a Nation (music by)
2016 The 5th Wave
2015 Just Cause 3 (Video Game)
2015 The Man in the High Castle (TV Series) (10 episodes)
- A Way Out (2015) ... (music by)
- Kindness (2015) ... (music by)
- End of the World (2015) ... (music by)
- Three Monkeys (2015) ... (music by)
- The New Normal (2015) ... (music by)
Show all 10 episodes
2015 Pixels (music by)
2014 Kingsman: The Secret Service
2014/II The Interview
2014 Big Hero 6 (original score composed by)
2014 Captain America: The Winter Soldier (music by)
2013 Turbo FAST (TV Series) (1 episode)
- Crazy Fast (2013)
2013 Captain Phillips
2013 Kick-Ass 2
2013 Turbo
2013 This Is the End
2013 G.I. Joe: Retaliation (music by)
2012 Wreck-It Ralph (original score composed by)
2012 Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
2012 Puss in Boots: The Three Diablos (Video short)
2012 Man on a Ledge
2011 Toy Story Toons: Small Fry (Short) (music by)
2011 Puss in Boots
2011 X-Men: First Class (music composed by)
2011 Winnie the Pooh (original score by)
2010 Gulliver's Travels
2010 Kung Fu Panda Holiday (TV Short)
2010 Kick-Ass
2010 Henri 4
2009 Monsters vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space (TV Short)
2009 HBO First Look (TV Series documentary short) (1 episode)
- Monsters on a Mission: The Making of Monsters vs. Aliens (2009)
2009 Monsters vs. Aliens
2008 Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Furious Five (Video short)
2006 Les Européens (segment "Mamma Roma")
2000 Seal: This Could Be Heaven (Video short)

He can do eerie epic like for Winter Soldier:

frasermaxx

frasermaxx

Well he's a good composer I just hope thematically he ties his score into the predator universe and expand on Alan Silvestris much loved original score. I hope the tribal rhythms and pounding music comes back!

Oh I forgot to mention he's a fan of Alan Silvestris Predator 2 score so guys expect something good from him.

Xenomrph

While I'm not completely opposed to Henry Jackman as a composer (I do like a lot of his stuff), I wish we could have gotten Silvestri back. Didn't he even express an interest in returning?

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Another dissapointment. They could use Arnold as actor, they could use Alan Silvestri as composer. I really dont understand the logic behind this movie, someone has all the possibilities here, but instead choose a different way. Alan Silvestri is the best, anything else would be just a slightly similar, but not good as his scores. Even the fact that a different composer will try to connect his "sounds" with everything that Silvestri does before is very sad, because why try to imitate someone's work, when you can have that same guy (Silvestri) for this once again. Trailer, where is the damn trailer? Give me a proper trailer (huh, maybe we got just a few seconds aka teaser).

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

They rather choose someone who have a zero experience in the terms of a Predator, I dont get this. They dont have enough money or what? Alan Silvestri recent work was on Ready Player One. . that film is finished, he is free right now. . available for anyone, yet they still choose a different composer. I guess that Predators in cargo pants are a hard reality. . judging by all the shocking news about this film.

azamultic

Petr, it could be the schedule problems and technical things. We don't know if Alan is still free, he expressed his interest a while ago.
What I find funny is that Henry Jackamn said in interview that soundtrack for first predator or the second really impressed him, and did inspired him. Also Hans Zimmer said that Predator 2 has the best action lesson soundtrack. Watch this video on the 39:00 minute

XENOMORPHOSIS

Disappointed that Alan Silvestri isn't doing the score but Henry Jackman is a talented composer.

BigDaddyJohn

That's fine for me  :)

JungleHunter87

I'm not gonna lie, seeing this news kinda made me sad. I'd have loved for Silvestri to return and see what he would have done differently. Or what he would have added too the soundtrack that he made so iconic in this first two films. Especially since he was pretty vocal about his desire to return.

Having said that, I'm not against Henry Jackman. He's a fine composer and I welcome him with open arms. I hope his soundtrack for this film fits in and also stands on its own all at the same time.

dallevalle

dallevalle

The Winter Soldier is the best one but im not very hopefull here :(

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Azamultic - I dont know what to say, really. . there is a zero luck with this movie from its beginning, script is strange if not crazy (I still hope it is huge joke) cast, actors are. . weak, weak is the right word. Constant delays all the time (I dont believe they have planned reshoots when they have numerous delays) and now this, Alan Silvestri is out of the game. The man who defined a couple of times the tone behind our favourite hunter is gone. For me, this is more than about music, guys. . just look at him, Alan Silvestri is really also a good person, he is serious and very intelligent man. I dont believe that Hanry Jackman can do something good as Silvestri, in this video below. . he act more like a child. . nothing against him, but personaly I just dont believe that a human with this type of behaviour can produce the same level of quality as Alan Silvestli himself. Hanry Jackman have totally different character, its a completely different person after all. . you know what I mean? Yes, his score will be propably ok, but it would be far away from Silvestri work, say what you want, I just feel it. Lets wait for a couple of more schocking surprises in the near future, the producton if this movie is still on its way.

Dash

I highly doubt he's not a capable composer, but my general sentiment about this news is "Not good."

newagescamartist

Kong theme and the piece from Captain Phillips are both very good. Don't care much for Civil War or Kingsman pieces. He's a competent composer. Hopefully he'll nail it.

BishopShouldGo

The Alien and Predator films have always had amazing composers. Great news.

HuDaFuK

Loved the music he did for the Kingsman movies. Looking forward to seeing what he does for this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed