Isabela Merced Cast for Alien: Romulus

Started by El Diablo, Mar 02, 2023, 07:45:19 PM

Author
Isabela Merced Cast for Alien: Romulus (Read 3,851 times)

El Diablo

Nightmare Asylum

I'd be lying if I said I've seen even a single thing she is credited in, but very excited nonetheless to have another bit of casting for this!

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

It's fun cause while in this anticipation period, any little bit of news is kinda exciting no matter how minute

El Diablo

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 02, 2023, 09:15:34 PMI'd be lying if I said I've seen even a single thing she is credited in, but very excited nonetheless to have another bit of casting for this!

I think she's a strong choice. I've seen her handle action in TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT and a mix of comedy and drama in the movie INSTANT FAMILY.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Though some may be sceptical seeing her resume' I'm cautiously optimistic she'll deliver in her role, is there any update if she's cast as the lead heroine "Rain" or if Cailee Spaeny is still in that role?

Kimarhi

She was decent in the second Sicario movie so she can be in more serious film.

She looks so young though.  She's 21 but looks like she should be cast as a teen. 

BlueMarsalis79

I thought the same about Noomi Rapace as Doctor Shaw, very typically pretty, whereas Siggy has a more atypical look about her, not that she's not pretty but she's more unique looking.

Bojo

Bojo

Zero faith that this will be anything other than mediocre.

Nightmare Asylum

Also interesting about the way the official report frames this casting announcement - the name Romulus isn't used anywhere in the article at all. We know the name is official internally as a working title, but more and more I'm starting to think that it won't end  up being the final release title.

Wompdonkey

Why do you say that? Im genuinely curious.
 Based on what we know; the idea for the movie intriguing Ridley Scott himself, the casting of the Lead, and how the movie will look(the Cinematographer knows his stuff), I think the movie has the chance to be pretty solid. I think the reaction to Prey made the studio see the potential of giving good filmmakers the chance to tell self contained stories.

I am optimistic af about this movie. It has the chance to be a solid Alien movie with modern technology that isn't bogged down by all The David/Engineers stuff that Ridley seemingly became obsessed with.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 03, 2023, 02:50:59 PMAlso interesting about the way the official report frames this casting announcement - the name Romulus isn't used anywhere in the article at all. We know the name is official internally as a working title, but more and more I'm starting to think that it won't end  up being the final release title.

I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. It's not uncommon for the official title to be completely different. Prometheus and Covenant's title kept changing, and we saw it with Prey too.

lv_226

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 03, 2023, 08:45:53 AMShe was decent in the second Sicario movie so she can be in more serious film.

She looks so young though.  She's 21 but looks like she should be cast as a teen. 

Ah, that's where I remember her from! Looking forward to what she will bring to Alien...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed