What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 41,649 times)

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on May 31, 2023, 09:57:21 AMI almost want a Hadley's Hope movie just to kill the conspiracy theories.

What would it entail, ideally?

Nightmare Asylum

A half-baked Night of the Living Dead in space, I guess?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 31, 2023, 01:19:41 PMA half-baked Night of the Living Dead in space, I guess?
Why half baked?

Nightmare Asylum

Just the concept exploring Hadley's Hope's fall feels like one that doesn't really offer a ton of potential to mine outside of "look here's how X thing got in X place in Aliens" a la The Thing (2011).

I had fun with Hope's Last Day in the RPG but that was more the act of being present getting my foot wet in the game's mechanics/storytelling abilities than it really was about seeing Hadley's Hope fall.

skhellter

i'd like to see

Big Chap again
maybe an Ultramorph
maybe David again. A proper ending to that storyline.
and lots of biomechanical elements.

also, knives. sharp sticks..

bobby brown

And Harry Dean stantons hat.

Acid_Reign161

Hmmm... I'd like some mystery restored to the Xenomorph. I'm tired of the whole "what we saw in Aliens in the be-all-end-all of the creature - dark horse comics say so!" mentality. The alien has been different in every single movie so far; 'Alien', the big chap reproduced via eggmorphing, 'Aliens' introduced a queen scenario, 'Alien 3' introduced the whole taking in traits of a different host, super facehugger etc... but majority seem obsessed with the notion that the life cycle is done and dusted.

I like the unpredictability of the creature, so long as it isn't lazy writing; Ridley Scott is wrong when he keeps saying "the beast is cooked" - there's so much more that you can do with it with imagination, besides just creating pseudo-Xenomorph that never live up to the aesthetic or design of the original.

I was SO down for Tristan Jones' proposed comic book sequel to Isolation that would have made the queen in 'Aliens' a unique manifestation to that particular environment that then went on to spawn its own lineage of that cycle from there (the idea that a regular Xenomorph became the queen but from it, we now have queen chestbursters and superfacehuggers as per Alien 3).

Whilst my complete and utter distaste for the (thankfully non-canon) AvP movies goes without saying, if I could give *one* tiny bit of praise for the second movie, it was the life cycle presented by the predalien that required zero explaination... it just manually lays embryos in hosts without a hugger and spawns multiple offspring. There were no ovomorphs in the hive. Imagine if you will that that had been in a canon alien movie (not as presented)- what would that eggless hive have entailed..would a queen born from a human host in that linage reproduce that way? Could drones birthed from human hosts that way also have that ability as opposed to eggmorphing? In that way, one alien hive completely differs to one seen at Hadley's Hope... I like this level of chaos, it's completely unpredictable- like how unpredictable the pathogen was in 'Prometheus' - the alien ultimately reproduces by whatever means, adapting to the environment and situation it's presented with. I want more of this, so long as it's done tastefully. It wouldn't take away from anything already established as everything we had seen this far ultimately originated in the derelict, so is from a single source.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jun 01, 2023, 08:58:57 PMI was SO down for Tristan Jones' proposed comic book sequel to Isolation that would have made the queen in 'Aliens' a unique manifestation to that particular environment that then went on to spawn its own lineage of that cycle from there

Always been an idea I've enjoyed playing with mentally. I probably have posts here from ten years ago insisting on that being the case, although I've softened on the big girl at this point on raw aesthetic value alone.

CainsSon

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 31, 2023, 09:10:25 AMBro, there's no conspiracy to focus on.

And yet here I am, one of those focusing on one. It must be curious for you to see nothing where others see something.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah I have met God fearing people before, their belief in the immaterial does not in fact make it material, curious indeed.

Honestly also... Aliens: Newt's Tale sucks, Aliens: Colonial Marines sucks, Alien: River of Pain sucks, Aliens: Aftermath sucks. Can we please just let Hadley's Hope go?

Local Trouble

Hadley's is the Tatooine of Aliens.  We will never see the end of it.

Necronomicon II

Give me some of that Hadley's dope.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 02, 2023, 02:00:56 PMHadley's is the Tatooine of Aliens.

Should we expect another muppet show?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed