New Alien Film Encyclopedia from Titan coming October 2022

Started by Engineer, Mar 29, 2022, 10:01:41 PM

Author
New Alien Film Encyclopedia from Titan coming October 2022 (Read 73,247 times)

Corporal Hicks

QuoteThank you, Simon Ward, for asking. Thank you, Jo Boylett, my editor at Titan who shepherded my text, due to appear in print next April around 'Alien Day' (4/26). And thanks to my collaborators, writers Clara Carija, Graham Edwards, and Seonaidh Kennedy, who suited up and ventured forth with me across the Middle Heavens. This one, for reasons explained above, I'm dedicating to Dad.

https://flashfilms8.wixsite.com/flashfilms/post/alien-encyclopedia-revealed

Couple of familiar names in there.  :)

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 27, 2022, 08:28:06 PM
QuoteThank you, Simon Ward, for asking. Thank you, Jo Boylett, my editor at Titan who shepherded my text, due to appear in print next April around 'Alien Day' (4/26). And thanks to my collaborators, writers Clara Carija, Graham Edwards, and Seonaidh Kennedy, who suited up and ventured forth with me across the Middle Heavens. This one, for reasons explained above, I'm dedicating to Dad.

https://flashfilms8.wixsite.com/flashfilms/post/alien-encyclopedia-revealed

Couple of familiar names in there.  :)

;D Pretty cool, eh?

BlueMarsalis79

Sent Clara my congrats.

Corporal Hicks

That Kennedy fella runs a pretty cool Alien blog and is known to frequent these parts too.

felix

Delayed till August 2023.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 24, 2022, 09:41:31 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 22, 2022, 06:14:50 PMInteresting artwork, almost kinda looks like Ancient Greek style. That's the AVP Queen though.

Maybe it's gonna get into the AVP movies as well ;)
I'd totally be onboard. More content = better.

Engineer

I don't think it's going to cover anything outside the 6 core alien films. The description very distinctly calls out Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Prometheus and Alien Covenant. No books, no comics, no games, no RPGs, no AVP. That's the impression the description gives me anyway:

QuoteDescription

The definitive volume on the Xenobiology, terraforming, synthetics, humans, corporations, military, judiciary, culture, science, spacecraft, hardware and weapons of Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien: Resurrection, Prometheus, and Alien: Covenant. Structured in 3 traditional encyclopedic volumes – Non-Human, Human, Action on Nature - illustrated throughout with concept art, photography and illustrations, with a historical timeline and alphabetical index. From the Alien to Zeta 2 Reticuli, from the birth of Peter Weyland in 1990 to the USM Auriga's Earthfall in 2381, this is the comprehensive and authoritative official tome on the Alien films.

HuDaFuK

I was being facetious :)

I'll be very surprised if it steps outside the solo series.

Valaquen

The AVP films are not touched upon at all. They are incongruent with the new prequel films and were not seriously considered part of the main canon, as far as the license holders (formerly Fox, now Disney) were concerned. Hope that puts it to bed.

BlueMarsalis79

I can confirm it will go outside the films, in various subtle ways, but this does not include the AVP films.

Corporal Hicks

I'd expect no less. The occasional reference may creep through, but Fox considered all 3 licenses as separate (even if The Predator references AvP) from each other and Studios seems to be doing the same.

Valaquen

Alien Isolation is also not in here, FYI, despite how much we wanted it. Films come first.

RidgeTop

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Nov 07, 2022, 03:03:06 PMAlien Isolation is also not in here, FYI, despite how much we wanted it. Films come first.

I'm guessing it's only the films in the book?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed