MARVEL Multithread

Started by Shasvre, Jul 27, 2009, 08:24:36 AM

Author
MARVEL Multithread (Read 1,187,131 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Saw the trailer for The Marvels in the cinema the other night.

Lol that it was about ten minutes long and had to include archive footage from no less than three different films and shows to try and explain who everyone was and yet still made absolutely no sense.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

ace3g

ace3g

Rankles75

Rankles75

Well, that was an unexpected ending to the latest Loki...   :o

ace3g

ace3g

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is this "Marvels" in any way tied to the excellent "Marvels" comic by Kurt Busiek from 1994?
If not, then why title Captain Marvel 2 that way?
As I said, I fell off the wagon a few years ago.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1719731057014997262

Among so many other wild bits in that article...

QuoteAs public criticism mounts, Feige is pulling the plug on scripts and projects that aren't working. Case in point: the "Blade" reboot. With Mahershala Ali signed on for the eponymous role of a vampire, things looked promising for a 2023 release date. But the project has gone through at least five writers, two directors and one shutdown six weeks before production. One person familiar with the script permutations says the story at one point morphed into a narrative led by women and filled with life lessons. Blade was relegated to the fourth lead, a bizarre idea considering that the studio had two-time Oscar winner Ali on board. 

Amid reports that Ali was ready to exit over script issues, Feige went back to the drawing board and hired Michael Green, the Oscar-nominated writer of "Logan," to start anew. Speculation around town is that the studio is looking to make the film, now slated for 2025, on a budget of less than $100 million — a deviation from Marvel's big-spending strategy.

...why is a cool, straightforward action/horror Blade movie such a tough nut for them to crack? Hell, it's already been done twice with the Snipes movies! At least pivoting towards making it a sub-100 million dollar movie now might mean they're finally, 5+ revisions later, looking at leaning in the direction they should have been looking in from the very beginning? Unless they still somehow still manage to turn it into some bloated hub for half a dozen future spinoffs...

Also I had no idea at all that Michael Green was the current writer on Blade. Last name I had heard was Nic Pizzolatto.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

They should throw in Chris Evans' Johnny Storm too.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1721619591791796546

It sounds like they're finally starting to accept, after 4 years, 5+ writers, 2 directors, and Mahershala Ali almost quitting, that a Blade movie should just... be a Blade movie. Give me a violent action-horror movie with great vampires and Blade being cool as hell. All it needs to be.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And then let Michael Giacchino make a Hammer inspired Tomb of Dracula special.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed