Predator Masks and Blades

Started by Darkness, Jun 25, 2004, 08:21:18 PM

Author
Predator Masks and Blades (Read 15,679 times)

ooman

ooman

this is directed towards Z.....dude I never said that it was from the comics........if you read my post correctly you would see that it is from the books....which usually contain more than 20 pages...and NO pictures.  And anways this movie does not seem to be basing after any of the predator movies but more on the lines of the alien movies.  and he does mix his blood....here once I find my damn book........wait found second book maybe that has a quote somewhere  okay from book two called "Hunter's Planet" on page 186  "She had made sure before that her locks were well pulled away from the singed marking on her forehead, the marking that Broken Tusk had given her, the marking of bug acid mixed with yauja blood."

ooman

ooman

well I bet he made the blades longer just for looks.....then he decided to feed the fans a little bit of meat so they would not go "that looks gay" or "those are too long"  plus blades that long I would think would ruin the traditional close combat quarter predators love so much.  I figure that is something you use on a queen to wack her legs from underneath her.  The books story lines may have nothing to do with the movie but the predator information in it does make ALOT of sense.  the way their honor code works and their hunts.  Even in the first book it talks about "previous hunts on the ooman planet"

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

You said it yourself, the books have nothing to do with the movies. true the books are giving things on the preds that I too consider good. For that okay but as  for the avp, its bullshit. admit that in books and comics aliens are often weak. Only pred rules in that.that is what make me sick. There is some exeptions but not that much.

ooman

ooman

well aliens are weak considerably......the preds choose to hunt aliens in small numbers when they are outnumbered.  Hell the predators control the aliens basicly.....they stuck them on earth to hunt.  Not like the aliens drove a spaceship here put in park and say "lets wait for the preds and then claw them to death"

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Ooman, dude you and the rest of you guys preaching from the graphic novels and what not, these are in no shape or form actual facts.I could easily write one of these books putting in all my ideas and listen to guys like you preach about it til the preds come home.Everyone from the books has different info made up by different writers incorperating there OWN thoughts and ideas.Now if you really want hard facts the ONLY man capable of giving them to you would be Stan Winston, seeing as how the Predator is HIS creation, the same goes for all the alien questions, the only man to answer those to would be H R GIGER.1 more thing, if the preds blood can neutralize alien acid blood then what the fu#$ would be the point to were all the heavy armor for, to look cool.I mean shit they may as well not wear pretty much anything if the acid wont have its dangerous effects and they obviously lengthend there wrist blades to stay farther away from acid blood spraying out on to them.

ooman

ooman

Well I am pretty sure the preds wear armor because aliens have  1. teeth 2. second jaw with teeth 3. claws 4. really big tail that would nicely comment to a butcher knife  other than that  the Aleins vs. Predator has it's orgins dating to the comics. Does anyone remember the old NES game Aleins vs. Predator?  that game was the shit!  Oooo yeah did we forget that these predators have never fought aliens before?  this is their coming of age ritual....first time for everything.

ismguy

ismguy

finally i got through all the posts.  the forums on this page rock.  i read them a lot but rarely post.  well here's my 2 cents, i think the mask will be a bit more reluctant to melt if a facehugger tries to burn through it giving a pred time to take it off if it attaches.  kanes helmet melted in seconds so i think they may try to use that as a reference. second of all i find it irritating that people are trying to base the bishop thing on facts when it is SCI FI as in "he couldnt live that long to be in alien 3 blah blah blah."   my speculation will be that since that weyland is a leader in robotics why wouldnt he just use some technology he has made to help himself live a little longer.  i would.  another idea i had that is a little far fetched but could be true is that he got some of the technology from the predators and used it for his robotics company.  the pred suits are a good example or organic robotics so why not.  that is just my speculation though

ooman

ooman

My thoughts on the predator masks are that they are a tool for protection. Remember they are also a tool used for breathing and such.  Also to help with hunts since they do hunt more than just aliens(vision). Great way for defense against facehuggers, but I'm sure they have larger purposes than just that.

Variable

Variable

I know what your talking about. It is a mechanical thing. It doesnt have anything to do with the actual creatures.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed