The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018

Started by Anthony, Apr 22, 2017, 04:28:35 PM

Author
The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018 (Read 24,889 times)

SpeedyMaxx

I think between the two drafts Bishop and I discussed Paramount had everything they needed for Friday - there were good ideas in both, and I love the Antosca draft. If they don't see it that's on them.

The scripts John Carpenter and one of the Halloween novelists worked on for Part IV back in the day are floating around too, before he abandoned the project (at which point I think the Akkads lied and told Donald Pleasence he was still involved, which led to the sequels we know today). I need to read them, as I am curious if they pertain to the new film at all which Carpenter allegedly also has his hand in. I am a huge Halloween fan. I still kind of wish Mike Flanagan was doing the movie, but David Gordon Green and McBride are very talented.

Anthony

Anthony

Flanagan would have been awesome, especially after Hush and Oujia Origin Of Evil.

Also, I found an article about the H4 Carpenter treatment:

http://wickedhorror.com/features/script-pieces-carpenter-etchisons-halloween-4/

SpeedyMaxx

Yep. There are two drafts of the Etchison/Carpenter script and they're floating around if you know where to look. I haven't sat down and read either yet.

I think Flanagan is so talented - I worked a little on marketing for on his first post-Oculus film a few years ago which I think is still on the shelf and had several title changes. It wasn't great but it was solid, and Hush is great. Ouija saddled him with a cheesy prequel plot to a bad movie but he still made it fun and scary.

Ushella

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 01:15:20 AM
Quote from: Ushella on Apr 24, 2017, 01:12:12 AM
a script of the Last Jedi too.

I left it at the dry cleaners.

How could you man? Now go and get it before some random customer picks it up!

BishopShouldGo

Was told Karyn Kusama(The Invitation) turned down Halloween before McBride and Green pitched.

SpeedyMaxx

That would've been amazing.

Anthony

Anthony

I think the Etchison and Carpenter draft only got to the treatment phase (according to the article), but I could be wrong.

I think Before I Wake (or Somnia as Flanagan prefers to call it) will get picked up by Netflix, since Relativity Media is all but dead and he's doing Gerald's Game for them. Heck, they're releasing it worldwide except for the US this Friday.

Anyway, I'm glad horror is finally getting back on track with folks like Flanagan, James Wan, and Adam Wingard, among many others. I hope Halloween will begin the return of the slasher genre.

Speaking of slashers, wonder what's going on with the Nightmare On Elm Street reboot with David Leslie Johnson writing.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 24, 2017, 01:33:44 AM
Was told Karyn Kusama(The Invitation) turned down Halloween before McBride and Green pitched.

Man, I'm disappointed that didn't happen.

Ah well, at least she's doing Breed at Fox.

SpeedyMaxx

Nope. Two drafts. One Carpenter worked heavily on.

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 24, 2017, 01:35:10 AM
Speaking of slashers, wonder what's going on with the Nightmare On Elm Street reboot with David Leslie Johnson writing.

What is it he did again?

Anthony

Anthony

He wrote Orphan and Red Riding Hood, and co-wrote Wrath Of The Titans, The Conjuring 2 and Unforgettable (that came out Friday). He's also worked on The Walking Dead and Mob City, and is one of the writers on the Dungeons & Dragons reboot, and was attached to Aquaman before Will Beal came on board.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 23, 2017, 03:04:13 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 23, 2017, 12:15:34 PM
Quote from: SiL on Apr 23, 2017, 11:53:20 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 23, 2017, 11:31:43 AM
Quote from: Keith on Apr 22, 2017, 10:55:06 PM
good. maybe they're reconsidering some of the nonsense in the current script.

Im working my ass off to get this result.This is the last chance for the fans.
How are you doing it outside of complaining in this forum, exactly?
I wish I could tell you more. But we have a large number of deep-cover operatives involved. You know how it is. We all have a job to do. Now, I'm sure we can respect each other's situation and act responsibly

So, nothing. Got it.

Enjoy complaining about a movie for an extra six months.

Dont be jealous.like I said cheerleading bring nothing but crap to the table.

SpeedyMaxx

In your opinion.

Best of luck with your undercover operation.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 24, 2017, 04:27:57 AM
In your opinion.
Best of luck with your undercover operation.

Thanks.

HuDaFuK

Back on topic...

I'm not too bummed by it being delayed. I'd rather see them take their time with it than rush it to meet a release date.

timmay

timmay

a little concerned here.  Late summer is where movies usually dump their trash (that and early jan/feb), holding out hope that this thing will be good.

echobbase79

I watched Iron Man 3 last night and one thing I thought Black handled very well were the scenes between the boy and Tony Stark. While I was weary of the material little boy in The Predator. I think these parts will come off just fine. Most of Black's scripts have always had interesting kid characters in them. My favorite being Danielle Harris from The Last Boy Scout.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed