So whats Blomkamp actually gonna call the movie?

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 16, 2015, 11:01:42 AM

Author
So whats Blomkamp actually gonna call the movie? (Read 5,979 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 16, 2015, 12:12:20 PM
Calling it Alien 3 is just going to cause people to confuse it with the existing movie. It should be "Alien:_______" followed by the title, not a number.

This is what I'm expecting too. For the same reasons. Though I have no idea what title would be such a huge giveaway.

I'd still like Alien 3.2 though.

T Dog

At this point, I feel like Blompkamp remaking/reworking Alien 3 is a big fat waste of time and money.
He should just do something new in the Alien universe.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 24, 2015, 11:25:41 PM
At this point, I feel like Blompkamp remaking/reworking Alien 3 is a big fat waste of time and money.

But that's what he's doing. It's a new story.

T Dog

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 25, 2015, 12:05:33 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 24, 2015, 11:25:41 PM

But that's what he's doing. It's a new story.

A new story with dead characters?

Jarac

Calling it Alien 3 would be a bad idea. Though I'm not sure what subtitle you would put at the end without it sounding cheesy. Hopefully they have better ideas than I do.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 24, 2015, 11:25:41 PMAt this point, I feel like Blompkamp remaking/reworking Alien 3 is a big fat waste of time and money.

Yeah, this. There's so much scope for something different, beyond simply pressing the reset button. I'd much rather he be completely original.

T Dog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 25, 2015, 08:36:53 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 24, 2015, 11:25:41 PMAt this point, I feel like Blompkamp remaking/reworking Alien 3 is a big fat waste of time and money.

Yeah, this. There's so much scope for something different, beyond simply pressing the reset button. I'd much rather he be completely original.

I like Blomkamp's movies, don't get me wrong. But I really don't need to see a "everyone's ok and not dead yayyyyyyy we are nerddsssssss" action movie rework of Alien 3.

Finish Ripley's arc with Ripley 8 (if you are insistent on using Weaver) or do a completely new story. Shit is already about to get complicated enough with Ridley doing "Alien: Paradise Lost"

Whiskeybrewer

I had a couple of titles for my own version, so he's free to use them as I'm not sure my story would work until I see his film lol

Alien : Bloodlines
Alien : Revelations
Alien : Generations
Alien : Genesis
Alien : Prayer

whiterabbit

Dudes lets call it what we really want to call it.

Aliens vs Ripley

wmmvrrvrrmm

I think he should just go ahead and call it Alienado or something

whiterabbit

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Sep 25, 2015, 12:07:11 PM
I think he should just go ahead and call it Alienado or something
Aliens inside of a tornado... why not just make them aliensharknado and call it done.

Corporal Hicks

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2015, 01:23:11 PM
https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/647186673730646016

Quotenew film is ALIEN 5: PROMETHEUS

xD

He's obviously j/k but it wouldn't surprise me if Fox renames Prometheus to "Alien: Prometheus".

Kind of like how Star Wars was later renamed to "Star Wars, Episope IV: A New Hope" after the sequels came out.

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/647423975266476032

So looks like his original title has been scrapped? The one that would have given too much away? Hope he's not dead in the water now.

T Dog

T Dog

Hmmmmm I wonder what's going on behind the scenes here.

Fox see's fans getting very excited about another "Alien" movie. Then there's a tug of war between Ridley wanting to do Prometheus 2 and Blomkamp wanting to do Alien 5. We know Blomkamp's concepts are stepping on Ridley's toes a bit.
Ridley being the workaholic he is and wanting to get his project on the go suggests; "hey I can just Alien up Prometheus 2 if you guys want, two birds one stone". Blomkamp thinks "shiiiiiiiiiiiit".

In the end though, does it really make sense for Ridley to be working on a series of films leading up to the original and Blomkamp making a different Alien movie in the distant future of that universe. Honestly, how do they market those movies unless of course they were to somehow link up?

UPDATE
Well I just read the Empire piece. I sure as shit spoke too soon.

System Apollo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 25, 2015, 01:23:11 PM
https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/647186673730646016

Quotenew film is ALIEN 5: PROMETHEUS

xD
He's got a wicked sense of humor.  :laugh:

Why not take the title and do a cliché?

Spoiler
Alien:Rise of Ripley
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed