Hick's face

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 10, 2015, 09:58:53 AM

Author
Hick's face (Read 6,131 times)

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Okay so it seems from the concept art for the new movie that Blomkamp is under the impression that Hick's face is completely f**ked on one side. I never got this impression from Aliens. The acid mostly got his chest and maybe a drop/fumes of it got on his eye. You never get the impression half of his face melted off.

I mean from this...

to this...

is quite a stretch aint it?

Vermillion

Vermillion

Yup. Been saying that for a year now.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yep, nothing a million mommy kisses couldn't fix. In seriousness I didn't think his face was that toasted either.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Drake's face was immediately mutilated.
But then again, he got poured on.

pred169

pred169

I agree. And I've said before that the type of scarring on his face is not consistent with an acid burn. It looks more like a flash burn from a high heat fast moving fire. Google or search online for flash burn scarring and you'll most likely agree. Acid burn would more disentigrate the skin and cortorize at the same time. Preventing it from growing back at all.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, Hicks' face was never that badly mangled in the film.

Artwork of post-Aliens Hicks always over-exaggerates it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

They ain't paying Ripley enough to wake up to that face.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Haha. 
He looks like how I feel.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

To sum it all up; everyone wants Sexy Hicks; not Two Face Hicks.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Given how corrosive the acid is, I wouldn't be surprised if it keep slowly burning through Hick's face, after they got out of the elevator. He might have seemed fine at first, only to have his condition worsen considerably on the ship.

Just look how much of the hull of the Nostromo a little squirt melted through in the first film. It stopped... after two floors.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: NickisSmart on Sep 11, 2015, 02:49:57 AMJust look how much of the hull of the Nostromo a little squirt melted through in the first film. It stopped... after two floors.

But therein lies your answer. He couldn't be all that badly burned because if he got enough on him to do serious damage, he'd be dead.

I always took it that he got a light spray, and most went on his armour.

blood.

blood.

Meh, just a minor continuity inconsistency 3 films and 30 years apart. It's also concept art so everything's probably exaggerated and overcharacterized so that each single picture sells a story. In the film he might just have a Nick Fury eye patch. If he's in it. Is he confirmed yet?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Sep 11, 2015, 09:51:12 AMIs he confirmed yet?

Nope. At least not that I've heard.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea his armor went to shit in a hurry... the same as Drakes face. So it had to have been a light misting of acid.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 11, 2015, 10:37:39 AMYea his armor went to shit in a hurry... the same as Drakes face. So it had to have been a light misting of acid.  :laugh:

Obviously I was talking about what hit his face.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed