New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jul 16, 2015, 07:16:11 PM

Author
New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art (Read 40,053 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Shinawi on Jul 16, 2015, 08:17:30 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 16, 2015, 08:11:53 PM
Firefly had the Asian culture have a pretty big influence on the future.
Interesting. I'm surprised that I wasn't aware of these tv series. I don't see a lot of Asians in the cast list. I guess you mean just the cultural influence.

There were lots of Asians and Asian influences in Blade Runner. I wonder if Blomkamp is taking some inspiration from that film?

Corporal Hicks

It would certainly be an interesting approach to take. Especially when the consider the whole side-squel thing in regards to Blade Runner and Alien.

jimbob30

jimbob30

just need to know one thing.when does this film actually enter production seriously cant wait.will be good when we get to see a trailer as too many films sometimes get canned.just hope that this doesn't happen this franchise needs a decent film unlike the alien 3 and resurrection abortions

marrerom

I'm still not on board with the idea of retconning the series.  It'd alienate the fans and be a huge, unnecessary  risk (Terminator Genisys is a perfect example of this).

I also don't have much faith in Blomkamp to deliver a solid Alien movie after his last two films turned out so poorly. At best I'm hoping for a competently made film that gets more right then it gets wrong. 

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Just noticed another obvious Engineer-based aspect to those two figures. Not only do they both have those same black eyes, but they're both bald (again, just like the 'melting' figure in the other concept art, indicating they could be one and the same). Also seem to have the same bridge of nose as the Engineers do.

The black eyes and lack of hair seem too coincidental to be anything other than deliberate. Definitely an Engineer influence - and probably genetically altered, as I say, considering their shorter size and Ripley/Hicks seemingly being fine around them.

Alternatively, they could be human/Engineer hybrids - which might explain the shorter height.

Mr. Clemens

They really appear to be just people to me.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 16, 2015, 09:46:09 PM
Just noticed another obvious Engineer-based aspect to those two figures. Not only do they both have those same black eyes, but they're both bald (again, just like the 'melting' figure in the other concept art, indicating they could be one and the same). Also seem to have the same bridge of nose as the Engineers do.

The black eyes and lack of hair seem too coincidental to be anything other than deliberate. Definitely an Engineer influence - and probably genetically altered, as I say, considering their shorter size and Ripley/Hicks seemingly being fine around them.

Alternatively, they could be human/Engineer hybrids - which might explain the shorter height.

Look again carefully, the guy directly behind Hicks has regular eyes (notice the white sclera and dark irises) with what looks like a slight epicanthic fold. The eyes of the man standing behind him is likely just in shadow.

They also look like they have very short buzz-cuts (marine style) rather than being completely bald like the Engineers.

And some other details I noticed:

Ellen Ripley is wearing the same kind of flight suit/jacket as Amanda in Alien: Isolation.

Notice the fur lined collar and round pins on her shirt collar:

Hicks is also wearing a flight suit with a ship crew patch on his left shoulder. Perhaps they are both serving on a civilian vessel now?

Behind them are what appears to be shipping containers, perhaps this is a customs post where they are queuing?

Ultramorph

This has probably been said, but the two "strange figures" behind them have me hoping we get to see some Arcturians. Very happy to hear that this project hasn't gone cold!

SpreadEagleBeagle

???

Strange figures? They look like people. Regular humans. The reason they look "strange" compared to Rip & Hix is that it is concept art and not a finished piece of artwork, and they are in the background hence being less detailed and thus seemingly looking different compared to Rip & Hix.

Ash 937

I assume that this new piece of concept art all but confirms the return of Hick's return to the franchise??  I mean, it's not like he can be this far along with his story and then release something like this without some kind of commitment from Michael Biehn, right?

Then again, the storyline for Alien3 was changed multiple times even after shooting began so I suppose anything is still possible...

;)

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 16, 2015, 10:54:57 PM
???

Strange figures? They look like people. Regular humans. The reason they look "strange" compared to Rip & Hix is that it is concept art and not a finished piece of artwork, and they are in the background hence being less detailed and thus seemingly looking different compared to Rip & Hix.

Completely agree. I think people are over analyzing the background when the foreground should be the focus.   

Regardless, looks good. I look forward to see how this incarnation takes shape. Let it not be another weak entry but the film we so truly desire.

T Dog

T Dog

Yutani = Korean?

Gridseeker

The new art looks awesome but please Neil PLEASE DONĀ“T SCREW ALIEN 5: I liked your first two films but Chappie was awful. Still I have faith you could make a movie really worth of the franchise. One more thing: My other concern if A5 would feature too many power armors for its sake.

Rankles75

Quote from: marrerom on Jul 16, 2015, 09:44:42 PM
I'm still not on board with the idea of retconning the series.  It'd alienate the fans and be a huge, unnecessary  risk (Terminator Genisys is a perfect example of this).

I also don't have much faith in Blomkamp to deliver a solid Alien movie after his last two films turned out so poorly. At best I'm hoping for a competently made film that gets more right then it gets wrong.

Terminator Genisys retconned two highly rated/hugely popular films. Alien 5 would be retconning two turkeys, one that seemingly no-one likes and one that has a cult following but was hammered by the critics...

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jul 16, 2015, 11:38:15 PM
Quote from: marrerom on Jul 16, 2015, 09:44:42 PM

Terminator Genisys retconned two highly rated/hugely popular films. Alien 5 would be retconning two turkeys, one that seemingly no-one likes and one that has a cult following but was hammered by the critics...

In what universe are T3 and TS highly rated/hugely popular?

I like A3 and A:R quite a bit. They are both vastly superior to Prometheus anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed