New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jul 16, 2015, 07:16:11 PM

Author
New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art (Read 40,304 times)

Gash

Gash

I can't believe you're getting hung up on speed painted background figures. Hicks and Ripley are clearly based on photo grabs the other's are just sketched in. Take in from me as a pro illustrator, that is what it is.

Primordial

Does it happen that the delivered movie has nothing to do with the concept art ? If yes, how often ? Thanks for your replies

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Oct 02, 2015, 07:22:01 AM
Does it happen that the delivered movie has nothing to do with the concept art ? If yes, how often ? Thanks for your replies

All the time. Prometheus is a recent example of this for us. Just depends on the project.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2015, 08:14:13 AM

All the time. Prometheus is a recent example of this for us. Just depends on the project.

I agree with the corporal. Especially when it comes to Blomkamp it seems.

Below is some concept art that was done for Blomkamp's Elysium. If you've seen the film then you'll know most of this wasn't in it or otherwise radically altered:

Spoiler

[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 02, 2015, 11:57:31 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 02, 2015, 08:14:13 AM

I agree with the corporal. Especially when it comes to Blomkamp it seems.

Below is some concept art that was done for Blomkamp's Elysium. If you've seen the film then you'll know most of this wasn't in it or otherwise radically altered:

Spoiler

[close]

All that would have made it a completely different movie

Primordial

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 02, 2015, 11:57:31 AM

Spoiler

[close]

Indeed (just finished watching it now). I would have almost never guessed it was Elysium hadn't you mentionned it. Thanks again for the C.A.

I enjoyed it, but while I'm no cinema expert, I felt that it was such an eye-unfriendly movie, not in terms of aesthetics but in terms of constant parading shots and camera movement. Slow motions were such a relief, and this issue for Alien 5 would almost marginalise the AlienĀ³/Ressurection retcon one.

I hope his other movies are more easy on the eyes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed