The script change

Started by FreeFacehugz, Jul 06, 2015, 06:22:46 AM

Author
The script change (Read 2,433 times)

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

So as most of you know the script for the new Alien movie had to be changed after Ridley Scott had a look and thought there was an element that contradicted (?) the future Prometheus sequel.
So it seems yes Fox and Scott want to keep everything tied together and maybe Scott thought he'd better make sure there was nothing in the script that wouldn't sit right with his own project. Okay seems perfectly understandable, even tho Scott has said he would be moving the Prometheus project even further away from the Alien franchise. More interesting tho is the fact that yes the script actually was changed.
Looking back at the artwork Blomkamp released, my best guess would be it has something to do with Ripley in the "engineer" headgear. If that is what needed to be changed then I must say I am relieved (as cool at the artwork was).
So from this you get the idea that Blomkamp will, one way or another, have the engineers playing a big part in his project, having to change details so to not step on Scott's toes. Or maybe, less likely. Scott actually does want to go further into details with the Xenomorphs. Maybe another aspect of reproduction. A new type of Alien not yet seen or a more concrete origin of the species and maybe thats what Blomkamp had to change in his script. Doing away with one or maybe all of his own answers to these questions.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

My guess is that Blomkamp's had a more traditional vision of the Jockeys that didn't jive with Ridley's new take on them.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

When do you think Alien 5 will be set in before alien 3 or maybe during Ripley 57 years in hypersleep (as in the comics)or will it be after aliens (hopefully not)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 06, 2015, 01:51:47 PM
My guess is that Blomkamp's had a more traditional vision of the Jockeys that didn't jive with Ridley's new take on them.

Yeah, could be that Blomkamp wanted to go back to the Lovecraftian eldritch creature seen in the first film while the Guv'nor wanted bald steroided albino giants instead.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 06, 2015, 03:43:33 PM
Quote from: Kelgaard on Jul 06, 2015, 01:51:47 PM

Yeah, could be that Blomkamp wanted to go back to the Lovecraftian eldritch creature seen in the first film while the Guv'nor wanted bald steroided albino giants instead.
LOL :D

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 06, 2015, 03:43:08 PM
When do you think Alien 5 will be set in before alien 3 or maybe during Ripley 57 years in hypersleep (as in the comics)or will it be after aliens (hopefully not)
I thought it was already established that it was a direct sequel to Aliens? How they are going to do it is more the question. Ignore 3 and Res... or not.

windebieste

windebieste

Make a direct sequel to 'ALIENS', sure. 

Just use fresh characters and situations.  Then the events of the new movie can run parallel to 'ALIEN 3'.

There's no need to retcon anything.   The only hang up is Hicks and Ripley re-appearing.   

So retarded.

-Windebieste.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Running alongside it isn't plausible, thanks to a certain piece of 'Alien Resurrection' dialogue...

SiL

SiL

All evidence is wiped out at the end. Plausible.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 07, 2015, 01:54:24 AM
Running alongside it isn't plausible, thanks to a certain piece of 'Alien Resurrection' dialogue...

Prometheus is telling us otherwise.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Prometheus hasn't told us anything explicitly yet.

windebieste

windebieste

Prometheus implicitly tells us that there is more than one engineer vehicle containing hostile contagion present in the galaxy.   

There's likely to be more.

How does that 'ALIEN: Resurrection' quote stand up to accommodate that situation?

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It doesn't, however, say that it's another source of Aliens. I know what you're saying mate and it's certainly possible but with the mess that is Prometheus' narrative it doesn't really equate to anything solid.

For Resurrection though...as far as mankind is aware (from recorded history) that was their single source of Aliens and that source was wiped out and never replaced.

Plenty of ways around it, mind you. I was just replying to say that Prometheus doesn't actually tell us anything about another source of Aliens.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Nothing happened between 'Alien 3' and 'Alien Resurrection' - which Weyland-Yutani or any US governmental agencies know about.

Unfortunately, if A3/AR are being preserved and this one just follows directly from 'Aliens', then the audience already knows nothing will get out of hand and the stakes will feel very limited, because all evidence will have to be destroyed before anyone important finds out what's going on.

If either of those two films gets retconned, however, then all bets are off. Heck, if A3 gets wiped, it's once again possible for any Alien to potentially mature into a Queen, which hugely multiplies their planetary threat factor (as would egg-transformation being a way to create a Queen).

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 07, 2015, 01:31:43 PM
Nothing happened between 'Alien 3' and 'Alien Resurrection' - which Weyland-Yutani or any US governmental agencies know about.

Unfortunately, if A3/AR are being preserved and this one just follows directly from 'Aliens', then the audience already knows nothing will get out of hand and the stakes will feel very limited, because all evidence will have to be destroyed before anyone important finds out what's going on.

If either of those two films gets retconned, however, then all bets are off. Heck, if A3 gets wiped, it's once again possible for any Alien to potentially mature into a Queen, which hugely multiplies their planetary threat factor (as would egg-transformation being a way to create a Queen).
Just retconn the ending (check out my forum on that)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed