Alien V viral videos

Started by Deacs1973, Mar 13, 2015, 08:39:35 PM

Author
Alien V viral videos (Read 1,514 times)

Deacs1973

Deacs1973

Do you think we will get any Viral Videos and Fan Teasers (ala Weyland and David) in the coming months like we got in the run up to Prometheus?

I for one hope we do

If we do get some videos, what topics or characters would you like to see?

Rankles75

Rankles75

Personally, I hope they show very little footage in the lead up. Most films show way too much in their trailers, I want to be surprised when I see it...

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 13, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
Personally, I hope they show very little footage in the lead up. Most films show way too much in their trailers, I want to be surprised when I see it...

Prometheus showed way too much, for example. And it misled the audience, big time. Then again, Alien had a pretty sweet trailer. One trailer would be nice, provided it wasn't total BS. I loved the promotional material for Isolation, as well, so perhaps something along those lines. But having 3-4 trailers and a million teasers and clips of the film being shown is not how I'd like to see this one handled. Hard R rating with one really great trailer is all I think it needs.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: NickisSmart on Mar 14, 2015, 12:12:15 AM
Quote from: Rankles75 on Mar 13, 2015, 10:30:35 PM

Prometheus showed way too much, for example. And it misled the audience, big time. Then again, Alien had a pretty sweet trailer. One trailer would be nice, provided it wasn't total BS. I loved the promotional material for Isolation, as well, so perhaps something along those lines. But having 3-4 trailers and a million teasers and clips of the film being shown is not how I'd like to see this one handled. Hard R rating with one really great trailer is all I think it needs.

The trailer for Alien was probably the most effective I've seen. Ramped up the tension without giving much (if anything) away.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I also hope for minimal trailers, viral videos, etc, but I have a feeling that we'll wind up with a bunch like happened with Prometheus. This time I think I'll exercise more restraint and not watch them all.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 14, 2015, 12:19:02 AM
I also hopehttp://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/Themes/alien/images/bbc/table.gif for minimal trailers, viral videos, etc, but I have a feeling that we'll wind up with a bunch like happened with Prometheus. This time I think I'll exercise more restraint and not watch them all.
easier said then done.  :D

Vrastal

Vrastal

If they show too much im going to be very upset, I hope they dont show any big reveals in trailers likes been done so much lately. Somone posted a trailer the other day about some robot thing that had a big twist in the trailer

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Prometheus didn't show too much in the build up. The viral videos were great and the main trailer still had a lot of us guessing.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The main trailer spoiled the Prometheus crash. :P

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 15, 2015, 08:40:58 PM
The main trailer spoiled the Prometheus crash. :P

Yeah the full Prometheus trailer pretty much spoiled all the good moments.

The teaser was pretty good. The David video and the TED talk were also ingenious. They should have started with the David video, gone to the TED talk, and then released a slightly longer teaser trailer(about the length of the Alien trailer) and left it at that.  They went apeshit with the trailers for Prometheus and it really hurt the film.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Even the Shaw "Quiet Eye" video was great in that it provided all the necessary exposition for the film that a trailer would provide without actually spoiling anything that a trailer would have to spoil.

And it set up a Yutani plot thread that was nonexistent in the film. :(

thecaffeinatedone

thecaffeinatedone

The best thing to do is to have a trailer that doesn't show much at all but isn't misleading about what it is.

Prometheus's trailer sold tickets, that's for sure, but it also mislead people into thinking it was a deep and riveting sci-fi movie akin to 2001: A Space Odyssey, when it was basically just an above average 2 hour thriller with various themes shoe-horned in by Lindelof. :p

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed