Paul Anderson's Alien vs. Predator - AvPGalaxy Podcast #43

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 14, 2016, 12:08:51 AM

Author
Paul Anderson's Alien vs. Predator - AvPGalaxy Podcast #43 (Read 20,626 times)

Corporal Hicks

We have just uploaded the 43rd episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast (right-click and save as to download)! Our last episode of 2016 sees Xenomorphine, Omegamorph, RidgeTop, community guest HuDaFuk and I take a look back at 2004 and discuss Paul Anderson’s Alien vs. Predator.

Paul Anderson's Alien vs. Predator - AvPGalaxy Podcast #43

The 43rd episode of the Alien vs. Predator Galaxy Podcast sees the staff take a look back at Paul Anderson’s Alien vs. Predator.

We cast our memories back to 2004 to the first time we saw Alien vs. Predator and our initial opinions. We go through the good and the bad, taking a measured approach to the film. It’s a lengthy one, clocking in just under 3 hours so we go into it in quite some depth!

This episode is currently planned as the last episode of 2016 but we will be recording a new episode if the Alien: Covenant trailer drops this side of New Year! I would like to take the opportunity to thank all the staff and guests who have joined in on the podcast. I’d also like to thank everyone who has listened to our episodes and commented on them.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy through 2017 for more coverage of Alien: Covenant, The Predator and Alien 5 and for another great year of Alien and Predator podcasting.

If you are new to the podcast, you can also listen to any of our previous episodes in the Podcast section under the News tab on the main menu.

echobbase79

Yeah, I remember when Darkness shut the site down, I was bummed because I was really into the site. Glad the site was brought back.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Can someone provide a link to Anderson's thoughts on AvPR?

And where is it said that Milla and Michelle were offered Lex?

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 14, 2016, 02:07:53 AM

Yeah, I've never heard either of those.

OmegaZilla

"That movie showed what a good job we'd done with the first movie. It's like, OK, you can pick apart my AVP, but take a look at that one and then maybe watch my movie again and you'll have a new appreciation for it."

Source:
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/the-other-paul-anderson-the-psychotic-action-vision-of-pompeii-director-paul-w-s-anderson/

Scorpio

Michelle Rodriguez as Lex?  Way better choice IMO.  Sanaa Lathan is not bad but very vanilla casting.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Omegamorph on Dec 14, 2016, 04:25:48 AM
"That movie showed what a good job we'd done with the first movie. It's like, OK, you can pick apart my AVP, but take a look at that one and then maybe watch my movie again and you'll have a new appreciation for it."

Source:
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/the-other-paul-anderson-the-psychotic-action-vision-of-pompeii-director-paul-w-s-anderson/

Ouch... True but... OUCH.

I mean, I like the first AVP more than Requiem. Still... OUCH.

OmegaZilla

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 14, 2016, 06:02:32 AM
Ouch... True but... OUCH.

I mean, I like the first AVP more than Requiem. Still... OUCH.
Anderson knows how to sick burn

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Omegamorph on Dec 14, 2016, 06:08:12 AM

I mean don't get me wrong, I like Requiem but I also acknowledge that it's a flawed film... But damn..

I'll say this here, as much as I liked Requiem... even I can do without it, but keep the first AVP.

echobbase79

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Dec 14, 2016, 06:17:43 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Dec 14, 2016, 06:08:12 AM

I mean don't get me wrong, I like Requiem but I also acknowledge that it's a flawed film... But damn..

I'll say this here, as much as I liked Requiem... even I can do without it, but keep the first AVP.

That was kind of FU to all the fans who downed him for making the first AvP the way he wanted to.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 14, 2016, 06:20:36 AM
That was kind of FU to all the fans who downed him for making the first AvP the way he wanted to.

It doesn't help that not many fans liked either movie.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Omegamorph on Dec 14, 2016, 04:25:48 AM

Source:

Thank you. He's right lol.

BonesawT101

Looking forward to listening to this one as soon as I get home from work. This will be an interesting retrospective on AVP I'm sure. As always guys - keep up the good work.

Xenomorphine

Man, it's been a while! I definitely recall it being reported that way in a number of papers and film-related publications, back at the time. Think Anderson might also reference them both in his commentry, though.

Not sure if they were offered the role, but I do remember them being reported as up for consideration. I strongly suspect it's because of having a pre-existing working relationship with them from the first 'Resident Evil' film.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 14, 2016, 06:20:36 AM

I think it was a fairly respectful comment, to be honest. He's not name-calling. The fandom always seems to begrudgingly re-evaluate the previous film when a new one is worse than it hoped for. After 'Resurrection', it began to happen with 'Alien 3'. After Anderson's, it even happened with 'Resurrection'.

SiL

If people read the source he even starts by saying the Bros had their work cut out for them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed