Ridley Scott & Damon Lindelof to screen PROMETHEUS footage at WonderCon.

Started by El Diablo, Mar 07, 2012, 12:33:06 AM

Author
Ridley Scott & Damon Lindelof to screen PROMETHEUS footage at WonderCon. (Read 27,620 times)

T Dog

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 07, 2012, 08:12:21 PM
I hope this new trailer clocks in at around 2:25 in length.

Are you cool with seeing tons of footage?
I'm just curious what people's perspectives are on keeping the film a mystery versus seeing as much as possible in advance? When do you feel you've crossed the line?

I'm asking your opinions to help me make up my own mind. Thanks.

Cvalda

Quote from: Pn2501 on Mar 07, 2012, 08:20:59 PM
It's a live stream of wondercom, well that's the impression I get.
It's a separate event. Ridley is going straight from WonderCon to this. Argggh. Might call up the cinema and try and sweet talk my way into an invite :P

Infected

Make that a ten minutes session when we have to hear Lindelofs jokes and being mr populair.

But looking forward to Ridley ScottĀ“s vision on everything he has come up with.

predxeno

They're letting us ask questions to Ridley Scott about the film via Twitter and facebook as ikarop has pointed out.  I tweeted a question asking whether Prometheus takes place in the same universe as AVP or whether or not it's in an alternate universe.  This is a highly controversial question and though I probably won't get chosen, it would be nice if Ridley Scott were to finally clear the issue up.

Cvalda

Quote from: Infected on Mar 07, 2012, 08:28:22 PM
Make that a ten minutes session when we have to hear Lindelofs jokes and being mr populair.
Ugh. Damon Lindelof is definitely the thorn in this Ridley rosebush :P

Infected

Infected

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2012, 08:38:32 PM
Quote from: Infected on Mar 07, 2012, 08:28:22 PM
Ugh. Damon Lindelof is definitely the thorn in this Ridley rosebush :P
they dont strike me as a good team. :p im also very curious in what way Ridley was thinking of the movie when he made the script or story by  his self and what influence Lindelof brought to the script/movie? did he really made it better or made it worse did they change a lot etc?
And we can find out when it will be released.

Pn2501

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2012, 08:23:42 PM
It's a separate event. Ridley is going straight from WonderCon to this. Argggh. Might call up the cinema and try and sweet talk my way into an invite :P

Yeah I just re-read the article, i fiorina if anyone can its you :p

tonton

ThisBethesdaSea

I would've thought this thread would blow up with this news. It's all quiet in da hizzy.

aliennaire

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2012, 08:23:42 PM

Why separate? I guess trailer premiere's talking will be livestreamed at those three designated platforms, like fashion week sessions are shown live now.

red_otter

OK I'm a bit confused. This will be the "first screening" of the trailer and the whole event will be streamed live on the web? So what, we'll get a camera feed filming a screening of the trailer followed by questions?

Will the trailer itself then be widely available in cinemas and online then? Or will we just have some lo-res version from this feed?

And when they say "exclusive footage" how can that then be a trailer that becomes widely available? Or is it going to be more like the highly secretive Comic-Con stuff?
???

ChrisPachi

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 07, 2012, 11:56:37 PM
OK I'm a bit confused. This will be the "first screening" of the trailer and the whole event will be streamed live on the web? So what, we'll get a camera feed filming a screening of the trailer followed by questions?

Will the trailer itself then be widely available in cinemas and online then? Or will we just have some lo-res version from this feed?

And when they say "exclusive footage" how can that then be a trailer that becomes widely available? Or is it going to be more like the highly secretive Comic-Con stuff?
???

The press releases say the new trailer will come out after the event.

-Chris

Cvalda

After the webcast, the trailer will be available from AMC's Youtube account.

red_otter

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 07, 2012, 11:59:10 PM
After the webcast, the trailer will be available from AMC's Youtube account.

Basically immediately?

So we're seeing a full trailer in around 10 days time?

Awesome!!

ChrisPachi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed