Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 69,491 times)

SiL

SiL

I never actually noticed the Alien in the corridor on the sentry gun monitor in that scene. The Aliens exploding are all taken from the hive so I just assumed they never actually filmed Aliens in that corridor.

SM

SM

I noticed it a long time ago when I first wrote what became these videos, but that was on VHS I think.  I was surprised at how much clearer it was on Blu-Ray.  It's only a handful of frames, but much more visible than single frame I caught on video.  It's hard to tell if it's been shot or is ducking for cover to the right of the corridor.

And not for the first time have marvelled at the amount of detail Cameron went into - and then found a less-than-one-second continuity error when Hudson and Vasquez test the guns.

SiL

SiL

It kind'a looks like it gets shot in the head and falls over dead.

Interesting how many shots are fired to bring it down, and how few are anywhere near the target. Spray and pray eat your heart out.

SM

SM

Yeah I wonder if they small explosives or just lights.  Looks like mostly the latter, but there's at least one set of sparks that could be an explosive.

Kradan

Kradan

You have very relaxing voice

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jun 09, 2020, 12:17:26 AM
I never actually noticed the Alien in the corridor on the sentry gun monitor in that scene. The Aliens exploding are all taken from the hive so I just assumed they never actually filmed Aliens in that corridor.

I don't think I'd ever noticed that either! That's awesome. I've caught up on this series of Encounters. I'd never noticed that Vasquez never completely blew apart the Alien that attacked Drake either. Thanks as always for these, SM!

SM

SM

Recent timeline updates.

Prototype
Resistance & Rescue

SM

SM

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: SM on Sep 04, 2020, 08:28:15 AM
Echo

Huh. So much for "the formative years of the colonial marines", although I suppose that's a pretty generic and relative term. I guess we'll see what, if anything, ever comes about from Cold Iron regarding our Olivia. Thanks for the updates!

SM

SM

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

So can I ask how you concluded that Echo takes place in 2172?

I was trying to pin it down myself but I also got hung up on the Rising Threat "formative years" thing, so I had Echo lingering somewhere pre-2137.

SM

SM

Internal Fox documents determined 2172 for Echo and Rising Threat included a legend that said it happened in 2177 when Olive would been about 22.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Awesome. Glad to finally snap that puzzle piece into place.  :D

SM

426Buddy

426Buddy

Sweet! Feels like Christmas lol

These are always enjoyable, thanks SM!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed