More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 69,948 times)

Beef Dogg

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 13, 2021, 02:34:13 AM
When was the last time we saw a setting with a space elevator, a Weyland installation with a derelict, Ripley in an Alien outfit and maybe even Sharlto Copley playing a mercenary in an Alien movie? Apart from the xeno suits, it's not so bad. Each installment has a different vision of the Alien world anyway.  ;D

I agree with this, replace the alien suit with the controlled drones that really give off AVP: Three world war vibe for me, and that was a f**king great story.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 13, 2021, 05:10:08 AM
i wonder what the nerdy "justification" was.
Was WY trying to interact with the derelict tech and they needed a biomechanical suit to really integrate with it...

It was probably just.. er...
"we think biomech-suit is cool/Militarization of the aliens/RANDOMBULLSHITGO!"

Definitely leaning towards the latter, since it seems to be engaged in combat in the pics. It's so silly. :D

Something to interface with the Derelict tech is actually a very interesting idea conceptually... but a straight up set of Kenner Alien armor is not the aesthetic to roll with there.

BlueMarsalis79

Three World War killed AVP for years.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 13, 2021, 11:27:34 AM
Definitely leaning towards the latter, since it seems to be engaged in combat in the pics. It's so silly. :D

Something to interface with the Derelict tech is actually a very interesting idea conceptually... but a straight up set of Kenner Alien armor is not the aesthetic to roll with there.

To get away with the "WY uses alien material for a biomech suit to interface with the Space Jockey ships":

- suits couldn't look like halloween costumes or Kenner shit.  :laugh:
- There's no way a human would "fit" neatly into one without deep surgery. Once you're in that suit, that is a part of you. (like the original idea of the Space Jockey itself).
- Gotta think through these designs with a "Horror First" mentality: What would be gruesome? What would show how deep WY is willing to go to get ancient knowledge?
-  Avoid easy "fanservice" of any sort. (Having Ripley don the QUEEN-Suit to Fight the Queen herself is deeply silly. Should be.. let's say.. a victim who knows there's no going back to normal human life and decides to do a suicidal last stand.)
- The suits should actually "work" and be able to run Space Jockey tech. WY can't be portrayed as mere "insane villains just doing random experiments" all the time. [this concept isn't coherent with what Covenant showed us, of course.. but this film already isn't compatible with Alien 3 so..]

These would be steps in the right direction... and i'm pretty sure none of this is what was being considered for this film.  :laugh:

and oh yeah...
Covenant shows Shaw using the pilot chair without any suit..
so why is the Engineer Pilot suit necessary? At all? :laugh: RIDLEYYYYYYYYY  :laugh:

TomT

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2021, 10:50:48 AM
The difference is ignoring films you like vs films you don't seem to care for, yes.
Again, ignoring all films means igoring both films I like and films I don't like (even though I like Alien 3 and Ressurection), so not sure what's so hard to understand here.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: skhellter on Jun 13, 2021, 11:45:07 AM
and oh yeah...
Covenant shows Shaw using the pilot chair without any suit..
so why is the Engineer Pilot suit necessary? At all? :laugh: RIDLEYYYYYYYYY  :laugh:

But if one wants bio(-mechanical?) interface with the tech itself as they become one with the chair? :D

Egg buttons are appropriate as well, of course.

BigDaddyJohn

Because engineer biomechanical suit is sooo much more interesting than the mysterious creature we had in Alien right ? Thanks Ridley !

Nightmare Asylum

Nah. Alien's Space Jockey is more interesting than Prometheus' Engineers.

Engineers got killed off in service of an excellent David story in Covenant, though, and that was very cool.

skhellter

David killed all the engineers so we could get a shitty mma fight.  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

We got  David's Drawings, The Cold Forge and
Into Charybdis from it, so definitely more than worth it.

Nightmare Asylum

"Don't let the bed bugs bite."

Hammer Horror David and his "Dire Necropolis" is genuinely the best thing to come out of Alien since Alien 3's Assembly Cut. 8)

Beef Dogg

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 13, 2021, 11:39:46 AM
Three World War killed AVP for years.

for you maybe.  :-*

BlueMarsalis79

I mean that's not an opinion, it did for years, it basically completely disappeared and for good reason.

Perfect-Organism

If that's supposed to be WY headquarters, then the artist nailed it.  Totally captured the vibe of what this should be.  Absolutely majestic!

KiramidHead

It reminds me of the Sentinel ships from Days of Future Past.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed