More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 70,914 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TomT on Jun 12, 2021, 02:12:15 PM
This movie would've probably been thousand times better than that piece of shit TV show or whatever Disney is gonna do with the franchise next, I have no doubt about that.

Noah Hawley doesn't instill any confidence?

TomT

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 12, 2021, 02:15:20 PM
This movie would've probably been thousand times better than that piece of shit TV show or whatever Disney is gonna do with the franchise next, I have no doubt about that.

No. He just made a terrible film with Natalie Portman and if the concept (Earth setting, not distant future) still stands, then it means he doesn't care about this franchise because it's not just against canon of even the first film, but it's also against the point of the franchise (if xenomorph reaches Earth, it's over. All Alien films (excluding AvPs) were about preventing it from happening) This TV show sounds very much like AvP: Requiem. And I think Alien is not gonna work as TV show because of how movies are structured and because it requires a big budget they probably won't have.

426Buddy

Quote from: TomT on Jun 12, 2021, 02:45:41 PM

No. He just made a terrible film with Natalie Portman and if the concept (Earth setting, not distant future) still stands, then it means he doesn't care about this franchise because it's not just against canon of even the first film, but it's also against the point of the franchise (if xenomorph reaches Earth, it's over. All Alien films (excluding AvPs) were about preventing it from happening) This TV show sounds very much like AvP: Requiem. And I think Alien is not gonna work as TV show because of how movies are structured and because it requires a big budget they probably won't have.
...but this would have had an earth setting also right?  :D

TomT

TomT

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jun 12, 2021, 02:48:10 PM
Quote from: TomT on Jun 12, 2021, 02:45:41 PM

...but this would have had an earth setting also right?  :D
We don't know, we still know very little about this project plot-wise. But Sigourney was also against Earth setting back then and most of the concept art takes place on some space station. The movie could have a segment on Earth, but without xeno reaching Earth and Earth plot which is fine.

Evanus

Didn't Hicks kinda confirm the series is set after the original films?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Jun 12, 2021, 03:52:05 PM

I don't think he said that; just that "near future" might not mean quite as close to contemporary as some of us (myself included) are fearing.

Whatwhat!??

How can you call trash something you have never seen?

You have no real reason to hate "concepts". You are so biased against alien 5 that would accept and love covenant... a film that is below avp... man wow .....

KiramidHead

A lot of the art looks good, I just can't wrap my head around the alien suits. I'd at least like to know what the context for them is in the actual story.

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 12, 2021, 03:56:45 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Jun 12, 2021, 03:52:05 PM

I don't think he said that; just that "near future" might not mean quite as close to contemporary as some of us (myself included) are fearing.
Ah, gotcha. I still hope it's set after the original at least.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2021, 04:13:55 PM
A lot of the art looks good, I just can't wrap my head around the alien suits. I'd at least like to know what the context for them is in the actual story.

Perfect quest for the screenplay archaeology department. ;D

KiramidHead

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 12, 2021, 05:58:24 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2021, 04:13:55 PM

Perfect quest for the screenplay archaeology department. ;D

I've looked, believe me. :laugh:

Drukathi

We will never know, would be Blomkamp's Alien 5 better or worse than Alien 3. The fact.

There are many good moments here and a few dubious. It is interesting to discuss. The only people who behave toxic and are trying to prevent any conversations, those who want to have one continuity for unknown reasons.

BlueMarsalis79

So nobody?

We already have multiple official continuities.

SiL

Quote from: Drukathi on Jun 12, 2021, 08:02:25 PMthose who want to have one continuity for unknown reasons.
They're not unknown, you're just ignoring them.

Quote from: TomT on Jun 12, 2021, 02:53:15 PM
We don't know, we still know very little about this project plot-wise. But Sigourney was also against Earth setting back then and most of the concept art takes place on some space station. The movie could have a segment on Earth, but without xeno reaching Earth and Earth plot which is fine.
The film was set on a space ladder on Earth.

Also how can you complain about what the TV may or may not do about continuity then praise a concept that literally rewrites several movies?

BlueMarsalis79

Easily with one application of hypocrisy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed