More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 69,983 times)

Sad fan

In short,

Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5 would be one of the best movies in the franchise if it were actually filmed.

Then they ask me why I'm a sad fan...  :( 

XENOMORPHOSIS

For all potential flaws and short comings I'd be interesting to see this take, we'd still have Alien3 just because there's a what if alternative film doesn't invalidate Alien3.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Sad fan on Jun 11, 2021, 05:33:14 PM
Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 would be one of the best movies in the franchise if it were actually filmed.

Why can no one spell his name correctly?

Honestly if the trajectory of Elysium and Chappie's anything to go by we dodged a bullet.

And did you miss humans piloting not only Alien Drone suits but also Alien Queen suits?

It looked like absolute shit mate.

Huggs

Bringing back Ripley was a bad idea to begin with.

BlueMarsalis79

In any iteration yes.

Evanus

I agree, and I'm relieved the studio seems to think so as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Even as someone that by and large likes Blomkamp (Chappie's pretty great, actually!), this wouldn't have been an interesting move for the franchise at all in my opinion.

I'm really into the design of most of the human tech here, like I said, and I really do hope that Blomkamp finds a way to bring some of this concepts to life down the line in a different project, outside of the Alien universe.

I'm going to keep following his career with interest for sure, I'm just glad that his career and Alien didn't end up actually intersecting.

Whatwhat!!

So instead of alien 5. We get David created the xeno...yeah guys really dodge a bullet....

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Whatwhat!! on Jun 12, 2021, 04:39:56 AM
So instead of alien 5. We get David created the xeno...yeah guys really dodge a bullet....

Hahaha exactly

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah we did actually, I'll take Covenant anyday, over this f**king trash.

skhellter

skhellter

drama  :laugh:

The fate of Ripley should be left to the hands of its main author - Weaver.
If she wanted to change her fate.. fine. If she doesn't want to... also fine.

I'm glad we're not getting some of the sillier ideas of this film in live action form
but i wouldn't oppose making this as an animated feature.
Maybe a cg, hand-drawn hybrid made to look like a Dark Horse comic...
which is kind of what the story in this feels like from what little we know.
(just don't give it to some cheap korean studio..)

BlueMarsalis79

I am okay with Sigourney Weaver wanting to change the fate of Ripley or, offer yet another alternative, but the more I see of this the more I'm glad it never came to fruition as seen here.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 12, 2021, 11:24:15 AM
I am okay with Sigourney Weaver wanting to change the fate of Ripley or, offer yet another alternative, but the more I see of this the more I'm glad it never came to fruition as seen here.

My thoughts exactly!

skhellter

skhellter

the more i think about it.

Doing this as an animated feature would be the ideal way to go.

It would stand apart from anything else in the series and it wouldn't have to fit neatly into the main continuity: It could ignore David as the creator, it could ignore the plans for the tv show and further movies... They could do whatever.

The cartoonish Queen-Suit ideas would also be easier to buy in animated form.  :laugh:

Do it with a Love+Death+Robots animation team...

Give it a Hulu release.

TomT

This movie would've probably been thousand times better than that piece of shit TV show or whatever Disney is gonna do with the franchise next, I have no doubt about that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed