Seriously though

Started by The Old One, Apr 04, 2020, 12:30:44 PM

Author
Seriously though (Read 14,545 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The last time I created this particular thread, it amounted to nothing more than a joke, but I am serious when I say this:

The only way I'd enjoy an alternate sequel's with James Cameron as the primary Producer and David Fincher as the Director, because that's the only way it's going to feel genuine, not just a random fanboy rewriting part of the story.

James Cameron obviously feels a measure of regret in the way the narrative got dealt with, but in of itself that's not a strong enough reason, perhaps within the world of Alien it is.

But from a real world perspective, the only way I think it's going to feel right's if David Fincher gets to turn his old negative experience with Alien into a new positive experience if you grasp my meaning, he gets to make the film he always wanted to in the first place, any other type of alternate sequel, just honestly not worth a damn.

SiL

SiL

I'd be more worried about who's writing the script, to be honest. I don't have any names to suggest, but I'd want someone with a good track record and approaches the script from the perspective of creating a good film, not just a good sequel.

The Old One

The Old One

Oh yeah of course it goes without saying regardless of the fact it appears a lot of people forget the overall writing's the most important part.

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

Cameron moaned that Alien 3 killed off the characters that the audience invested in, and when he got a chance to do a sequel to Terminator 2, he killed off the character that the audience invested in.

The Old One

The Old One

True he definitely did.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed