Alien 35th Anniversary bluray

Started by spawn_se7en, Jul 28, 2014, 06:58:09 PM

Author
Alien 35th Anniversary bluray (Read 5,310 times)

spawn_se7en

spawn_se7en

Darkness

Darkness

It hasn't been officially announced yet but yeah, the US will get it. Possibly UK too. Looks like there's some kind of booklet with it.

Morgoth

Cvalda

Cvalda

From Walmart.com:

QuoteThis "Alien 35th Anniversary Limited-Edition Set" includes both the theatrical version and director's cut on Blu-ray, along with audio commentaries, deleted scenes and more - PLUS - a reprint of the original "Alien" illustrated comic and all-new, collectible art cards as a tribute to the late H.R. Giger, creator of the iconic movie monster that started it all. When the crew of the space-tug Nostromo responds to a distress signal from a barren planet, they discover a mysterious life form that breeds within human hosts. The acid-blooded extraterrestrial proves to be the ultimate adversary as crew members battle to stay alive and prevent the deadly creature from reaching Earth. Directed by Ridley Scott and starring Sigourney Weaver in her breakout performance as Ripley, this legendary first film in the "Alien" saga will leave you breathless.

Audio Commentary by Director Ridley Scott, Cast and Crew, Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott (Theatrical Version Only), Introduction by Ridley Scott (Director's Cut Only), Final Theatrical Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith, Composers Original Isolated Score by Jerry Goldsmith, Deleted and Extended Scenes.

Subtitles: English SDH (Subtitles for Deaf and Hearing Impaired), French and Spanish.

So yeah, nothing new, especially if you already own the comic.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: nerdy916 on Aug 01, 2014, 02:14:22 AM
The pre-order is on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MA156QU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was stunned when I saw the $24.99 price...then saw the "1" disc version. Cant' be the one with all the goodies.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Pathetic.Same will probably happen next year for JAWS 40th.

SM

SM

No what would be really pathetic is them slapping new packaging on it and have some insignificant extra and make us pay full price all over again, for a set that's not even four years old.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I bought it...couldn't resist the $10 Walmart price.

The smaller version of "ALIEN The Illustrated Story" & the 8 Giger cards imo are worth $10.  The colors on the booklet are bright & vivid. The cards are nice too. I'm thinking I will find a lucite photo holder to display one of the cards on my desk...then alternate them.

Here are 2 scans to show size.

Darkness

Darkness

I have the normal version of Illustrated story and there's great shots of the Space Jockey and Chestburster. The Giger cards look really nice.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

They are nice. 

If this hadn't been so cheap. I probably wouldn't have bought it. (like yourself I already own this) But I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it up. The cover art is embossed on the box another nice touch. The cards and booklet in a separate folder from the blu-ray. $10 yes....$20 most likely no.

ClockworkHorror

My favourite part of the 35th anniversary set is that when you take the cards and comic out of the cardboard sleeve, the PS4 Alien: Isolation box fits perfectly alongside the blu Ray case.:)

PRJ_since1990

So I suppose I should probably pick this up, just because. So I read it includes Goldsmith's Isolated score... can anyone elaborate? They didn't change any tracks in the film did they?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jan 09, 2015, 11:07:14 PM
So I suppose I should probably pick this up, just because. So I read it includes Goldsmith's Isolated score... can anyone elaborate? They didn't change any tracks in the film did they?
There's some stuff on the 20th anniversary DVD that didn't turn up on either of the two isolated score audio tracks for the Bluray release,eg.Ripley heading towards the shuttle just before she runs into the Alien.

PRJ_since1990

That's cool I'll have to check it out. Been meaning to but haven't the time recently

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed