ALIEN 3 Workprint

Started by FiorinaFury161, Jun 10, 2013, 07:19:08 PM

Author
ALIEN 3 Workprint (Read 26,898 times)

SM

SM

As above, taking out the reel breaks, 2 hours, 2 minutes, 15 seconds (without closing titles).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 10, 2013, 07:19:08 PMI heard the uncut edition was turned down by FOX execs because it was extremely gory; is there a extended scene where Clemens and Ripley doing the autopsy on Newt had multiple camera angles showing the entire autopsy in all aspects? I also read that the deaths of the prisoners is much more detailed and shown all the way thru. Any help/info would be appreciated!

The film apparently was cut for violence, but as SM said none of that footage is in the workprint. You're right in saying Newt's autopsy was originally a lot more graphic. Murphy's death in the vent shaft was apparently cut quite a bit too, there was originally a prosthetic piece made showing his face melting from the Alien's acid spit. This page talks about some of the cut stuff, although I can't vouch for where they got the info from.

SM

SM

I reckon a lot of the Newt autopsy stuff would've just been coverage, so they had plenty of footage to edit from.

And xeno alpha 07's stuff is pretty thoroughly researched.  I can't imagine he'd post anything he couldn't back up.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jul 25, 2014, 08:45:35 AMAnd xeno alpha 07's stuff is pretty thoroughly researched.  I can't imagine he'd post anything he couldn't back up.

That's good to know, there's some really informative stuff on that site.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Jun 27, 2014, 10:27:22 PM
I believe xeno alpha 07 is working on a full Assembly, Workprint, Theatrical comparison which should be a good read once it's done.

Yeppers, I made a start a while ago.  I'm working on it little by little when I get the free time.  I'm adding video clips and dialogue transcripts which also take time.

Quote from: Chronicle on Jun 28, 2014, 01:35:50 AM
Any idea on when that might be completed?

Not sure yet.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 25, 2014, 08:33:27 AM
This page talks about some of the cut stuff, although I can't vouch for where they got the info from.

Quote from: SM on Jul 25, 2014, 08:45:35 AM
And xeno alpha 07's stuff is pretty thoroughly researched.  I can't imagine he'd post anything he couldn't back up.

Main source of info comes from various magazines, books, scripts, interviews, behind the scenes material, documentaries, fans, etc.  As well as from this very forum, (including you SM & SiL) and other forums over the years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed