Fred Dekker On The Predator Fan Reception and The Predator Killer Ending

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 05, 2019, 06:37:28 PM

Author
Fred Dekker On The Predator Fan Reception and The Predator Killer Ending (Read 43,400 times)

goose_3387

AVPR > The Predator

Naginata

^ Let's not get carried away here...

Samhain13

426Buddy

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jan 16, 2019, 11:59:18 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Jan 16, 2019, 10:24:57 PM
AVPR > The Predator

You are not alone.

I'll go even further than that.

AVPR*  > The Predator
                 Alien Resurrection
                 AVP

*unrated blu

Huggs

What you can't see in AVPR is still better than what you can see in The Predator.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Maybe The Predator will seem better over time.

AVPR was a fun but dumb slasher popcorn movie with some really bad jokes, loads of clumsy fan service, and one memorable (but obvious) sightgag. It was never going to please people looking for a serious entry in the series. I didn't mind seeing it, but I don't revisit it. IIRC, the whole plot, including the ending, was in the commercial.

AVP is OK. There were some interesting ideas and RS recycled some of them for Prometheus. AVP has some good sequences, too. I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets. Maybe some of it...  ;D  I can still stand to watch it, and that's more than I can say for a lot of other movies.

Resurrection aged a little better than I thought. To me, it's a mediocre monster movie with beautiful production design and an underwhelming final monster. And loads of Glorious Door Reveals!  :laugh:

Covenant and maybe Prometheus could also be on this list.

BigDaddyJohn

The progressive rehabilitation of AVP is beyond me. It was the biggest insult to both franchises at the time, turning two legendary monsters into family friendly space pets...

The Old One

The Old One

Handing both franchises to one of the most mediocre and inoffensively bad Directors in the business whilst simultaneously torpedoing a Alien film written by James Cameron and Directed by Ridley Scott. Then spawning AVPR.
Yeah, AVP's great...

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 17, 2019, 06:13:08 PM
Handing both franchises to one of the most mediocre and inoffensively bad Directors in the business whilst simultaneously torpedoing a Alien film written by James Cameron and Directed by Ridley Scott. Then spawning AVPR.
Yeah, AVP's great...

That i will never get over.

I also agree with the choice of Paul W. S. Anderson for the project. He seems to be an alright bloke from what i have seen in interviews, but man he sucks at his profession.

The Old One

The Old One

And sorry, but Jean-Pierre Jeunet's trash
is better than Paul Anderson's Gold-
and by the extension, the Strauss Bros.

Resurrection > AVP >
AVPR = The Predator

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Could be.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 17, 2019, 06:28:08 PM

No way, Resurrection is just the worst.  Why, why, why did Sigourney sign up to do that parody?  It's her equivalent to Arnold Schwarzenegger's Batman & Robin!

cloverfan98

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jan 16, 2019, 10:24:57 PM
AVPR > The Predator

I'd agree with you. AVP:R is a horrible movie but the Predator acts how a Predator SHOULD act. There's no overly convoluted attempts to redefine the Predator concept in that film like in The Predator.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 17, 2019, 07:11:02 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 17, 2019, 06:28:08 PM

No way, Resurrection is just the worst.  Why, why, why did Sigourney sign up to do that parody? 
It's her equivalent to Arnold Schwarzenegger's Batman & Robin!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/IoTKP1ydJAJlC/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c40d2f44b7a726945c52542

I suppose it comes down to the fact that Resurrection's more interesting,
(and much better Directed) and when it comes to bad movies:

Interesting > "Good"

That's why, for instance- I find Batman Forever INFINITELY
more watchable than TDK Rises, because Rises is not only
bad; it's dull and bad- making Forever, more entertaining.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed