Which AVP Game is the Best?

Started by AcidGlow, Aug 27, 2012, 04:07:38 PM

Author
Which AVP Game is the Best? (Read 2,211 times)

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Here are my thoughts and comparisons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8WnreCX5E#ws

What are your thoughts, guys?

avpfan101

avpfan101

avp3 was the best good melee and good range all species are equal in power

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

AvP 1999 will forever be the best for me

The immersion was completly ass kicking  AND the physic was incredible for the time.
I mean that the pred's disc REALLY cut in half his victims  (while this isn't true for AvP2 & 3) same for the plasma canon  , speargun , wristblades;  You were really able to logically put into pieces your opponents

Same for the marines , each bullet impact on the victim was modeled and caused bleeding. Aliens could become some kind of acid showers  :D

I could also talk about the animations , when fighting against an alien you could actually read his movements ,who were varied ( claw attack left then right , tail attack, inner jaw , leaping attack...)
And the lack of story wasn't so bad , it gave the impression of a perpetual chaos & discovery through each map.

Personally this is one of my favorite games of all time.

EDIT: I also like AvP capcom but not for the same reasons.

avpfan101

avpfan101

fuzion predator i agree with u im getting avp classic 2000 today maybe on steam and avp 2010 on steam even though i have avp 2010 on ps3 but hey always play on any platform u can

Migalex

Migalex

In my opinion, I agree FUZION PREDATOR, the original 1999 AvP was the best for me in terms of overall experience even tought I played AvP2 much more (mainly due to the mods eheh and awesome people)
Avp3...shhhh....maybe I didn't give it a shot, but it felt like a rushed game, and I have to disagree with you Acidglow, I liked the standard melee combat from earlier game than this wierd block and heavy attack,etc system, but thats me. Also avp3 lacked good maps(they dont even a decent vents for the Aliens), and lacked modding support, and marines, god, they were soo...I dont know how to describe, they didn't felt good for me, rushing in, no gear whatsoever, no helmet...
Just my 2 cents.

Zone

Zone

The first AVP is the best for me, playing as a marine was probably the scariest game/movie experience ever, reminded me so much of the movie Aliens.

Jegeren

Jegeren

I say the original game hands down. It nailed the feel of each species and was the most fun with its captivating atmosphere. The sound was stellar, especially the taunts and weapon SFX (especially the Smartgun, Skeeter, and Plasma Pistol.) The Predators and Aliens were both as fast as they should be, something that was never replicated again. The weapons for the Marine and Predator (and Alien strikes) were also extremely fun. Nothing beats spamming the Plasma Pistol and Smartgun, as well as splitting enemies in half with the Smart Disc.  As a Predator I actually felt like a hunter, as an alien I felt like a lethal killer, and as a Marine I felt hunted, which is contrary to the second AVP game where I felt hunted as a Predator, felt ridiculous flying as an Alien, and felt like I was unstoppable as a Marine. The third AVP game was a disappointment. I didn't think it was bad, but it did feel mediocre compared to the first, but it did nail the feel of the species again unlike the second game.

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

I think the third AvP is the best one.  The War game was awesome too it would be my favorite if it had been more than a 1 player game.

piff

piff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eM7OOcClw0#ws

avp2 r3 mod rules them all, close thread

Shai`tan

Shai`tan

I liked the sp AVP 99.  It just captured the AL()ENs FEEL for me. I do agree bout the mp tho being VERY Quakey.  Monoliths AVP 2? Well, It had some stuff that was brilliant. The Facehugger lifespan for example.  But the overly anime` character design, and way too bright candy color pallete lost me.  Not to mention the mp maps bored me to tears.

AVP 2010 aka AVP 3.  I think it did almost everything right. Altho its design as well was a tad too anime` human characterswise.  Most everything rocked tho.  2 things I didn`t like?  Not being able to just host a map and go in solo... good for learning a map, and as well setting controls without having to be constantly taken out. And I think the grappling moves tho BRILLIANT in sp, in mp it hurt the game a tad. I think had they allowed the grappling finishing moves to be interruptable, mp would be MUCH stronger today.

Totally agree about there not being a proper amount of mp maps at release.  DX 11 seemed more like a lip service addon.  I couldn`t really notice any changes visually with it on or off.  Usually I can rip a game real good for its lacking areas, but AVP 2010 had very little I can fault.   Rebellion almost had a winner. Not to mention they alluded heavilly to a part 2 sequel that never came. 

piff

piff

Quote from: Shai`tan on Jan 21, 2013, 10:23:04 PM
I liked the sp AVP 99.  It just captured the AL()ENs FEEL for me. I do agree bout the mp tho being VERY Quakey.  Monoliths AVP 2? Well, It had some stuff that was brilliant. The Facehugger lifespan for example.  But the overly anime` character design, and way too bright candy color pallete lost me.  Not to mention the mp maps bored me to tears.

well the topic of this thread is misleading, the OP just had 1 game of avp on there,.

Check out the AJL r3 mod. Now thats how a AVP game should be. Look at the way they made the alien vision mode. Its way way better then on AVP2010 and even on A:CM, the humans can aim down the barrel of the gun. other players can HEAR the motion trackers, and SEE the shoulder lamps from humans in dark.

You cant do that on avp1 1999....avp 99 movements are WAY WAY to fast, almost like your floating around as opposed to actually walking...

There are over 500 maps for avp2, your saying all of them are boring? no way, it avp2 hands down has some of the best maps of all avp games put together....

And there was a REAL comparison of the games on here.

Look for yourself, AVP2 graphics are 10 years old, and in 10 years the grahpics are not that much better in avp3!

once you factor in the mODS, and maps, avp2 is the best game all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXETmeOIgMs#

Slaine

Slaine

AVP2.

Still hasn't been bettered.

However I have a soft spot for AVP Arcade by Capcom.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed