Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 735,184 times)

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Razz on Mar 06, 2010, 12:54:27 PM
ODST felt more like an expansion pack than a full game, still worth it though. :)

That's what it was supposed to be at first, but Bungie reckoned they could scrape more money out of it if they sold it as a new game.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2010, 12:30:02 AM
Quote from: Cal427eb on Mar 04, 2010, 02:00:33 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 04, 2010, 01:51:52 AM
You dont need a code to get the Beta, just the disc.
Oh. Sweet. I'll just rent it then.

When renting make sure you actually play the game at least once. ODST is great!
I will. I've already played through it at my friends house on Legendary for him though the day it came out.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 06, 2010, 05:57:34 AM
Did ODST have much of a single-player portion?

I personally loved ODSTs storyline. The campaign was a little shorter then Halo 3 on normal (I dont know about the higher difficulties). Instead of a typical Halo multiplayer, you get a really fun gametype called Firefight. You are basically trying to hold out  against unlimited waves of covenant. You can have 1-4 people playing. Skulls are constantly being turned on and off, changing gameplay.

You also get a second disc called Halo 3 Mythic. This disc contains the Heroic, Legendary, Cold Storage, Mythic, and Mythic II map packs.

x-M-x

x-M-x

sick of all these spin off games and shit... where the hell is "HALO 4" ? guess thats gonna be on the next  xbox....

Razz

Razz

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 06, 2010, 02:51:09 PM
sick of all these spin off games and shit... where the hell is "HALO 4" ? guess thats gonna be on the next  xbox....
Ummm Reach is prequel and not a spin off, besides considiring how Halo 3 ended i doubt a 4th game would be possible and yes i remember the true ending but that doesn't mean anything.

I'm glad Reach is Bungie's last Halo game, i'd prefer them to go for a new IP after Reach.

x-M-x

x-M-x

oh its a prequel ? well same difference there making "REACH" and they made ODST and Halo wars... why cant they just start work on the main story games  i.e "HALO 4"

hmmmm

HALO IV is a pipe dream.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 06, 2010, 03:03:24 PM
oh its a prequel ? well same difference there making "REACH" and they made ODST and Halo wars... why cant they just start work on the main story games  i.e "HALO 4"

hmmmm

HALO IV is a pipe dream.
Halo Wars wasn't done by Bungie, do some research.

Right how would they be a Halo 4 considering the 3rd game pretty much tied everything up?

-Spoilers-

The Covenant is no more, the flood is destroyed, MC and cortana are left floating through space with an uncertain fate. So there is very little to nothing for a 4th Halo to go on.

-End-

I've always wanted to see the battle for Reach as its been often mooted in the series and in the Books the most devastating battle for the UNSC.

So Yeah Reach looks to be the best in the series, hopefully better than CE even.

x-M-x

x-M-x

i know Halo Wars  was not done by bungie... but its still a "HALO GAME"

im pretty sure they can bullshit another story up for halo 4.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 06, 2010, 04:18:15 PM
i know Halo Wars  was not done by bungie... but its still a "HALO GAME"

im pretty sure they can bullshit another story up for halo 4.
Yes but you assumed it was done by Bungie when it wasn't.

Well tough luck on a 4th game like i said there is little for it to go on and Reach is Bungie's last Halo game.

x-M-x

x-M-x

I, didn't "assume" anything my good man, end of the day its a halo game, as for the 4th game... like i said

"PIPE DREAM"

Razz

Razz

" there making "REACH" and they made ODST and Halo wars... why cant they just start work on the main story games  i.e "HALO 4"

Sounds like you were assuming right there but whatever.

So guys Halo Reach...

Navaha

Navaha

343 Industries is going to take over the Halo series after Halo: Reach. They will be overseeing all future Halo games, so if there's going to be an actual Halo 4 (although Reach basically is), it will come from them.

Razz

Razz

I doubt a Halo 4 at all hell i'd expect Duke Nukem Forever more likely to be released, why i think that is because due to story reasons i mean where the hell can you go with it after 3? and even if buy sheer wonderful magic force there ever was a 4th game i wouldn't be happy if it was anyone else but Bungie doing it.

Besides 343 hasn't really announced much since being around for a year, aren't they really for publishing other stuff, dvds/comics etc?

Navaha

Navaha

Quote from: Razz on Mar 06, 2010, 04:37:25 PM
I doubt a Halo 4 at all hell i'd expect Duke Nukem Forever more likely to be released, why i think that is because due to story reasons i mean where the hell can you go with it after 3?

Spoiler
In the Legendary ending of Halo 3, they showed the Master Chief's half of the Forward Unto Dawn headed towards a Forerunner planet. Any future Halo games involving the Master Chief might involve a Forerunner world, and hence would probably a LOT different from the earlier Halo games. I would imagine, however, that it wouldn't be called Halo simply because of the lack of Halos. :P

Not saying I approve (or disapprove) of the games going in that direction, but that's likely what they'd do.
[close]

Quote from: Razz on Mar 06, 2010, 04:37:25 PM
Besides 343 hasn't really announced much since being around for a year, aren't they really for publishing other stuff, dvds/comics etc?

In addition to any future Halo games.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Razz on Mar 06, 2010, 04:32:10 PM
" there making "REACH" and they made ODST and Halo wars... why cant they just start work on the main story games  i.e "HALO 4"

Sounds like you were assuming right there but whatever.

So guys Halo Reach...

LOL why did you edit your post?

all you said was "right" now look at the stuff you just added.. oh.....  funny guy....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed