Author
Halo (Read 691,569 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

All over the walls man.

All over the walls.

Buwx

Buwx

NEW Updates on Halo: Reach on bungie.net! Tis a whole bunch of cool stuff on the graphic improvements to the Spartans of Noble Team.

And Mr. Asylum, don't you know that Halo Wars is a lie to the Halo universe? So is Halo: Legends... but that's a different story. Lol.

Quote from: Spaghetti on Jan 28, 2010, 12:46:14 AM
f**k spartans. Elites better be in MP or I will

Shit.

Everywhere.

Sangheili FTW!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Legends definatly has inconsistencies, but it is still enjoyable.

Wars, on the other hand, is completely true to Halo canon. The few things that aren't (for example, Spartan shields, are for gameplay purposes only.)

Buwx

Buwx

I didn't mean in a literal sense. Lol. I just don't consider Halo Wars... well, Halo at all, really. Neither do I for Halo Legends. To me, if it's not made by Bungie, then it's just a thing trying to immitate Halo. But everyone's got their own opinions I suppose.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Buwx on Jan 28, 2010, 01:35:46 AM
I didn't mean in a literal sense. Lol. I just don't consider Halo Wars... well, Halo at all, really. Neither do I for Halo Legends. To me, if it's not made by Bungie, then it's just a thing trying to immitate Halo. But everyone's got their own opinions I suppose.
Thats not strictly true, any company apart from Bungie or 343 have to abide by the Halo Bible before making any game in the Halo series (e.g. Halo Wars) so in a sense yes Halo wars is a Halo game and is still Cannon.

Also Legends is overseen by 343 so yes thats another true Halo cannon there.

Buwx

Buwx

I dunno, Halo Wars and Legends just doesn't feel like Halo to me... I mean, just because Bungie never emphasized on "flying spartan space-fighter jets", doesn't mean it should fit into the Halo-verse. I simply find that Halo Wars and Legends are disgraces to the Halo Franchise. But again, that's my opinnion.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Anyone else planing on buying Halo Legends? I'm planing on getting the 2 disc dvd.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Jan 29, 2010, 04:23:00 AM
Anyone else planing on buying Halo Legends? I'm planing on getting the 2 disc dvd.
I do. I actually liked them pretty good. The Babysitter and The Package were probaly my favorites. Origins is knocked down by Cortana's voice and I dislike the elite/female elite design in The Duel.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Yautja117 on Jan 29, 2010, 04:30:18 AM
I do. I actually liked them pretty good. The Babysitter and The Package were probaly my favorites. Origins is knocked down by Cortana's voice and I dislike the elite/female elite design in The Duel.

I'm not that big on the look everyone had in Babysitter, and I disliked the voices in The Package.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I am, but I'm getting the single disc.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Have you guys seen the new trailer, Welcome to Reach?

http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/vidaudio.aspx?c=58

I don't think these two have been posted before.

They remind me of the Truth and Reconciliation level from the first game. :)

Razz

Razz

Yeah saw it over a month ago mate. :P

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm am very dissapoint that they are making the Elites barbarians shouting gibberish...

And when the Elites started speaking English in Halo 2, I actually took them more seriously. A LOT more seriously. That's actually what made me think they were so amazing. And they occasionally said something funny, but when they said things like "He's over there!" or "You will die by my blade, demon!" (actual Halo 2 quotes), it was just really cool to hear, and somewhat alarming. The only thing cool about the Elites now is the fact that they stand up-right. Now they are just blood thirsty barbarians, and every real Halo fan knows that that is so out of place.

Buwx

Buwx

Quote from: "The Space Sweeper" on Jan 30, 2010, 10:47:22 AM
I'm am very dissapoint that they are making the Elites barbarians shouting gibberish...

And when the Elites started speaking English in Halo 2, I actually took them more seriously. A LOT more seriously. That's actually what made me think they were so amazing. And they occasionally said something funny, but when they said things like "He's over there!" or "You will die by my blade, demon!" (actual Halo 2 quotes), it was just really cool to hear, and somewhat alarming. The only thing cool about the Elites now is the fact that they stand up-right. Now they are just blood thirsty barbarians, and every real Halo fan knows that that is so out of place.

In Halo: Reach, bungie wants to bring back the feeling of mystery and intimidation that the player recieved in Halo: Combat Evolved, they want the Sangheili to be the tall, relentless, scary warriors that the first game depicted them as, and IMO... I think this new design works. It's different, yes, but when you're playing Reach, and you see a Zealot like that charging after you, I'm pretty sure you'll have the same, if not more intense, reaction of freaking out and just unloading your clip and hoping to god that that badass elite dies. Also, the Sangheili shouting, "He's over there!" and "You will die by my blade, demon!" was cool and all, but you have to consider the cannon, something Bungie is VERY nit-picky about. In the first game, you couldn't understand any of the Covenant, the UNSC just didn't have the technology for it, and Halo: Reach is a prequel... meaning even less technology (even though there's not that great of a time-difference).

A third thing I wanna point out is that your saying the Elites are just going to be blood thirsty barbarians, you cannot honestly say that... there hasn't even been gameplay of the Sangheili yet. They may look more intimidating, but that does not mean Bungie is going to recreate them as the Jiralhanae (brutes). The Sangheili are smart, the Sangheili are honourable and highly respectable as warriors. Bungie knows that, hell, they CREATED the story, and they won't turn the Sangheili into mindless barbarians.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: "The Space Sweeper" on Jan 30, 2010, 10:47:22 AM

Ummmm ok.

I dislike the fact they spoke english in H2 because it made them less of a villain/ less intimidating and slightly more human.They were blood thirsty barbarians in all of the games (apart from 3 of course).

So yay that they are taking the Elite back to Halo CE roots and making them more of an alien threat with their own Language, just as the way its meant to be. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed