Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 25, 2011, 11:25:20 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus (Read 28,559 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: RoaryUK on Mar 02, 2011, 12:41:25 AM
Quote from: Highland on Mar 01, 2011, 02:22:41 PM
I'd have to disagree. The Space jockey ship , however redundant to the plot of the story, is a massive part of what has made Alien so appealing to Sci Fi fans.

"The Thing" is one of my all time favourite movie's , but I don't need to know anything more about the creature or where it came from because the film does not expand on these elements. It's a crashed ship with a bad guy on board.

The Space Jockey injects wonder and imagination, questions without answers, the very core of Science Fiction.

To say the Space jockey is "so unimportant" is well past the mark in my opinion.

All that matters is the Alien Eggs, the novel and script are proof of that.  The Jockeys and Dererlict simply serve as a placement for the whole piece.  Even if they had been dropped, the Nostromo crew would still find the eggs because that is pivitol to the plot... dont you get it yet!!  lol

If you would kindly point out the piece in my post where I state the the Space Jockey is essential to the plot of Alien in any way. Then... yes , I will "get it" 

I think you are the one not "getting" it. It's quoted in the first bloody line of the post, did you skim over that bit?

Quote from: SM on Mar 01, 2011, 11:18:43 PM
They did the sequel without the Jockey.

And the ship even.

It was still responsible for the outcome of the colony though. Being picky here.

I think people are on different pages here. I'm trying to point out the Space Jockey is important to the Alien Saga as it stands now and holds a bit of weight. If people are going to be picky, you might as well pick any movie ever and say "but X wasn't critical to the plot". It's a moot point.

SM

SM

Then you're kinda at odds with yourself if you're disagreeing that it's unimportant.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SM on Mar 02, 2011, 01:00:29 AM
Then you're kinda at odds with yourself if you're disagreeing that it's unimportant.

Unimportant under what circumstances though. My post is clear. See above post.

SM

SM

It's been wonderfully clear thus far, eh?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I'm so confused... am off head hunting now for that Ridley Scott fella  ;D

"I think it's fair to say our smoothly running facility has suddenly developed a few problems, I can only hope we can all pull together over the next few days ...or else start ripping each others heads off!"

Highland

Highland

as far as I can see it's went it's went a bit like this.

1) Space jockey's rock 
2) but its not important to the plot of Alien
3) they fleshed it out a bit though eh?
4) but its not important to the plot of Alien
5) We'd love to see them expand on the SJ in this new movie like
6) but its not important to the plot of Alien
7) Head implodes.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: RoaryUK on Mar 02, 2011, 01:17:09 AM
I'm so confused... am off head hunting now for that Ridlet Scott fella  ;D

Mind the cigar.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

I dunno what all the fuss is about really, it'll probably be an Alien Prequel anyways, FOX just loves screwing with the fans y'know LMAO

...but of course, if it sucks balls, THAT'S the time to make a fuss!!

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I think that the presence of the space jockey sculpture has a massive effect on the feeling of the final film in terms of the mystery

rycher

rycher

I say until we know if its a def. Prequel or has anything to do with Alien at all.. it shouldnt be a topic on this site because its just stirring up confusion to Alien fans.. its a big back and forth game

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed