Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5

Started by shakermakerman, Feb 26, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Author
Weaver and Blomkamp on Alien 5 (Read 60,108 times)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Alien fan boy myself.  :)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 23, 2015, 01:07:32 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 23, 2015, 01:05:13 AM
Quote from: Greggors on Mar 02, 2015, 03:33:51 AM
I may be among the minority (I really don't know), but I would be absolutely fine with Blomkamp making Alien 3 & Resurrection dreams that Ripley had while in hypersleep. As a matter of fact, I would be thrilled.

No you sound like all the other ALIENS fanboys out there, so no need to worry.

And you don't sound like an Alien 3 fanboy?  We're all fanboys by the sheer fact of us talking on these forums.   ::)

Only when ALIENS fanboys walk around spewing their dreck about the movies and the franchise as if their word is the truth - Cameron is God, ALIENS is the Bible and that's the way it is. All that smothering self-entitlement and intrusive exceptionalism just pisses me off. In fact ALIENS fandom is one of the reasons I've drifted away from this franchise. A5 might be the last nail in the coffin.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Can we cut out all the sniping at one another and the generalising of swathes of users? Any more and I'll delete posts, people are letting their indignation get out of hand.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 23, 2015, 01:14:24 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 23, 2015, 01:07:32 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 23, 2015, 01:05:13 AM
Quote from: Greggors on Mar 02, 2015, 03:33:51 AM
I may be among the minority (I really don't know), but I would be absolutely fine with Blomkamp making Alien 3 & Resurrection dreams that Ripley had while in hypersleep. As a matter of fact, I would be thrilled.

No you sound like all the other ALIENS fanboys out there, so no need to worry.

And you don't sound like an Alien 3 fanboy?  We're all fanboys by the sheer fact of us talking on these forums.   ::)

Only when ALIENS fanboys walk around spewing their dreck about the movies and the franchise as if their word is the truth - Cameron is God, ALIENS is the Bible and that's the way it is. All that smothering self-entitlement and intrusive exceptionalism just pisses me off. In fact ALIENS fandom is one of the reasons I've drifted away from this franchise. A5 might be the last nail in the coffin.

I really don't understand how you could generalize Cameron as an abominable director when Ridley Scott has made his fair share of bombs like GI Jane and Legend, and really, many others

Alien³

Alien³

Keep it civil guys.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

I like Legend and GI Jane. : /

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: NickisSmart on Mar 24, 2015, 12:24:28 AM
I like Legend and GI Jane. : /

: /

T Dog

T Dog

I like them too :)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Granted, GI is far from Scott's best film, and with Legend, I like the director's cut. Not his best work, either, and his strange inclusion of midgets and Tom Cruise kind of mar the film, but Tim Curry is a total boss.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 23, 2015, 08:38:23 PM
Can we cut out all the sniping at one another and the generalising of swathes of users? Any more and I'll delete posts, people are letting their indignation get out of hand.

And I've warned before. If folk don't chill out, they'll find they can't post.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed