Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy

Started by ajm, Feb 10, 2010, 10:17:49 AM

Author
Introducing a new Rebellion staff member to AvP-Galaxy (Read 171,667 times)

Valheru

Hi Saberous,

Yeah Im on PC as well and trust me it does respawn, if taking a lot longer than other weapons...but that makes sense as it is a powerful gun even if it takes more bullets to kill someone, it does it very quickly and accurately.

On Survivor I think you're correct, it does not respawn otherwise I suppose it would be too easy as I take out about 40 - 50 aliens with it in the first couple of rounds. When you pick it up in Survivor (I can confirm this now after playing last night), you get 150 ammo in the gun and 250 in extra mags....so 400 rounds and who knows if you walk over the other SG in the Survivor map that has 2, you may actually be able to get more than 400!...I will endeavour to test this out tonight ;D

Cheers!

Valheru

Drewid

"We're also in discussions with Sega about ongoing support for AvP, and also about a sequel to the game," said company co-founder and CEO Jason Kingsley

Eldritch

I have a question: why did we not get to play one more level as the alien, onboard the ship at the end?

athlonix

athlonix

Quote from: Wrist Blades on Feb 24, 2010, 11:36:46 AM

Great and informative post. This one deserves a look-at by the devs. I wish you had mentioned the lack of server-side variables though. :)

Once the Dedicated Servers are release i'll probably pose such question.

@ Drewid; there is discussions which does suggest at the moment there is limited support for the title, I am only voicing the opinions of the masses, with some of my own takes of certain elements. I do hope they are but I am raising the issue, hopefully with a full bodied explanation of the current situation.

MikkoM

MikkoM

Will Rebellion take the critical reviews and fan feed back such as this thread:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=29542.0

into account, if you will get the change to do a sequel?

Now I am going to be honest here and say that I wasn`t too impressed by the new AVP that you just released.

ikarop

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 11, 2010, 03:43:31 PM
This thread is for asking questions regarding AvP gameplay for Rebellion ONLY.

If someone asks a question that has already been answered, respond to them via PM. This thread is not for discussions. We appreciate your help in answering these repeated questions but we ask that from now on you respond to people via PM to inform them.

This thread is for gameplay questions for Rebellion, ONLY.

Thank you.

Please remind the rules for this topic. If you have suggestions, issues or you think that any mechanic should be changed, please use the proper threads. Comments that aren't questions may be moved without warning.

newbeing

I've got a question for Rebellion.

With this being your first BIG multiplatform release what lessons have you pulled from the experience? What were some of the challenges you guys faced and has it changed how Rebellion will develop games in the future?

Wrist Blades

Dear Rebellion,

will you give us more server- or client-side variables both on the PC and on the consoles? Will we be able to adjust or disable e.g. the Predator's timer in Predator Hunt or make it so that friend indicators on the HUD are disabled and the radar bleeps don't differentiate between friend and foe?

KissenKitten

KissenKitten

I have a few alien questions. Hopefully, I'm not re-posting already made inquiries. Sorry but they're long.

1. Any chance that the alien standard jump (minus focus/facing scalable surface) will have more functionality?

As it stands, it's rather useless and the animation looks a little silly (weird squat jump?). And I'm not referring to the tap RT mechanic. I'm talking about how you do a standard jump forward and you go NOWHERE with a flying crouch.

2. I'm sure this is a resounding "No!" but I'll ask anyway. Will there be any new animation blending for the alien in mp?

Currently it seems like the AI aliens in Sp have much more fluid AND more numerous animations that really add to their characterization. In mp the alien seems a bit bland. I'm not talking about adding "attacks" just reusing animations. For instance, the AI alien's jumping swipe from "Survivor" would make a better standard forward jump then what is currently in place IMO. *Sorry, I'm an animator*

3. Seeing that the purpose driving the alien is to "stalk" their victims, will you be able to do a longer focus leap from a ceiling if an enemy is right underneath you?

I've experienced that on Refinery (among others), if I'm on the ceiling in the main room (with the smartgun) I can't focus jump at anyone underneath me. I have to take more (precious) time and move onto the support beam to actually ambush someone. Since all the alien has is melee, it'd be nice to be able to close the gaps a little faster if I've taken the time to go unseen.

4. No replay cam? Come on! That'd be awesome!

5. Any chance you'll revive if downed after your group/party has defeated a wave in Survivor? It'd make it more enjoyable and less insurmountable in areas I think.

Lastly, despite what's in the works and what isn't, what would YOU consider implementing as DLC for avp as a separate entity and fan, rather than a figurehead?

JediMasterGabe

JediMasterGabe

Do your xp still get saved if the host leaves the game? Because I was just in two games were I was doing very well and the host left and I wanted to make sure I still got my xp.

Also will there ever be host migration?

Or will Xbox ever see dedicated servers?

Brother

Nope you XP is not saved if the host leaves the game, at the end of the game it will notify you how much XP you have and how much you need for the next rank. No dedicated servers for consoles.

JediMasterGabe

Quote from: Brother on Feb 25, 2010, 11:15:14 PM
Nope you XP is not saved if the host leaves the game, at the end of the game it will notify you how much XP you have and how much you need for the next rank. No dedicated servers for consoles.

Well in that case, Will there be updates to fix these problems? Mainly host migration and XP being saved, because like I said it's unbelivably annoying when I'm going 15K and 3D and then I persecute the host and he leaves.

[REB]Trigger

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in responses, and I only have 1 post for you this time round.  I'm sure you can appreciate that we are busy working on the Dedicated servers, amongst other things.

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 12, 2010, 08:23:20 AM
I'm late to the party but thanks for taking the time to connect with the community and answer our questions.  I just have one:

Will we be able to start a multiplayer match alone with no other players for the sole purpose of exploring the maps?

No, you must have a minimum number of players (depending on gametype) to start a MP map.

Quote from: out-at-night-mostly on Feb 12, 2010, 08:31:23 AM
First of Thank you very much for making the game, you have no idea how much wank fest us fans have before you guys come along and make it come true!!! ;D

Question: How do the knock down mechanics from the alien and predator's jump attack works. For example marines can be seen being knock down in earlier gameplay preview when the predator simply focus jump at him while i was cannot do the same in Multiplayer. Enlighten me please :)

You need to be a minimum distance away from the target before a knock down can be achieved

Quote from: demon326 on Feb 12, 2010, 12:50:45 PM
I'm new, but i'm following this site for a few weeks now, and i do have a question for the dev guy ;D

Will you remove the "wallhack" in the retail, or will there be a option to turn it on or off?

by wallhack i mean that you can see the others walking on the floor above you or in the next hallway...

We assume you are referring to the alien vision, and the answer is no for both questions.

Quote from: xUSMCx on Feb 12, 2010, 05:48:49 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering, how many ranks are there in multiplayer and if they have a name such as private or are just numbered.
Thanks.

There are 43 ranks, and they are just numbered.

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 12, 2010, 09:54:23 PM
In response to Xenomorphine's question regarding acid spit, it seems you're saying that there is a function for it that wasn't implemented, but is sort of in reserves if need be. Am I reading that right?

No – I was saying that from a design point of view, we had the option in reserve not that there is a function that exists that we have simply disabled

Quote from: Eidotemit on Feb 12, 2010, 09:54:23 PM
Also, I noticed that the flamethrower stream is not highlighted by the predators thermal vision. Why is that? Not only would it add some realism, but it would give another benefit to a weapon that (at least presently) is rather ineffectual. Would it be possible to make the Pred's thermal pick up heat from the fire?

Nice idea, we'd love to do at some point.

Quote from: hardwired on Feb 12, 2010, 10:37:33 PM
Is it possible to change the amount of players on the PC for Speciesdeathmatch for example,
so i can play on the biggest map with just a few players?

Would be a condition for me to finally buy it, besides a fix of the sneakattack.

It's possible to create small lobbies with any map size

Quote from: Saber on Feb 12, 2010, 10:49:29 PM
What's the deal with the glove less Predator hands?  I thought those were more E3-build, but in the more recent screenshots, he clearly has longer nails and leather gloves.

In MP, there are two body types – young blood and elite predator, depending on the skin type you have selected.

Quote from: Rem on Feb 12, 2010, 11:23:36 PM
Will the Marine muzzle flash be fixed for the 360 and PS3 as well? I only noticed how the PC version was only fixed

The muzzle flash issue, highlighted in the screen shot I linked to was a PC problem on ATi cards only.

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Feb 12, 2010, 11:38:44 PM

Also, I saw someone mention their will not be system link support or even the ability to host private matches with just your friends in the 360 & PS3 versions? Is that really true?

There is no system link – but you can create private matches on all platforms.

Quote from: Tyranix on Feb 13, 2010, 06:08:43 AM
My question is, in the mixed species death match, how will we be able to tell the difference between friend or foe?

There is a large arrow above your teammates head.

Quote from: sirdeath66 on Feb 13, 2010, 08:57:45 AM
Maybe this is my opinion only, but I really feel you Rebbelion/Sega will create a much bigger lifespan for this game, by adding bots into all multiplayer maps.

We respect your opinion and desires, but unfortunately we will not be adding in bot support at this time.  Sorry!

Cheers,
Eric

safetyman

safetyman

QuoteThe muzzle flash issue, highlighted in the screen shot I linked to was a PC problem on ATi cards only.

What? No! I have GTX 280 and I get this.

Proof:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1069/avp2010022612190383.png

And the area it was taken in isn't even as dark as it gets in this game.

AJL

Is it possible in some future update to:

1. Add in somekind of "open" server/game option, where players
    can drop in later on when the game is already running ?

2. Display Pings in the server/game browser ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed