Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 273,485 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

ALIEN #9
PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
Cover by MARC ASPINALL
Variant Cover by RAHZZAH • Variant Cover by GEOFF SHAW
THE FALL OF THE GARDEN!
• Carnage consumes the settlement.
• Who will survive the night?
• Where is sanctuary? And how will they get there?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
© 2021 20th Century Studios.

Voodoo Magic

Interesting Cover...

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 23, 2021, 02:21:51 PM
Interesting Cover...

Yeah I quite like it. I've been digging the whole farm theme on the covers with this new arc. Really different for Alien.

BlueMarsalis79

And probably utterly wasted.

Local Trouble

They forgot to put Salvador Larroca's self-insert character on the cover??

Kradan

Outrageous

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 23, 2021, 02:32:05 AM
This' why I prefer stars personally:

★ The worst thing ever.
★★ Really bad.
★★★ Middle of the road.
★★★★ Really good.
★★★★★ The best thing ever.

No ambiguity.

If a person can't equate points out of ten with stars out of five, then they're lacking even primary school level maths.

BlueMarsalis79

A lot of people use 7/10 as average, when it is 5/10, if you watch ever watched the Cosmonaut Variety Show he did that until recently, people tend to vary more in what they mean with numbered scores by their own standards.

This probably comes in part anyway from the difference between percentage grading in different countries and what constitutes a pass or fail.

426Buddy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 25, 2021, 09:18:10 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 23, 2021, 02:32:05 AM
This' why I prefer stars personally:

★ The worst thing ever.
★★ Really bad.
★★★ Middle of the road.
★★★★ Really good.
★★★★★ The best thing ever.

No ambiguity.

If a person can't equate points out of ten with stars out of five, then they're lacking even primary school level maths.

Did you listen to the podcast?  The ten point system is different for us in the USA. Anything less than 7/10 is garbage, if I got a 6/10 (D) on a school paper I would be grounded as a kid

5/10 is a straight up failure.

Kradan

It's confusing so it sucks

Voodoo Magic

Just look at Rotten Tomatoes as the way the U.S. looks at things. Anything under 60% or under 6/10 is a failure and represents just degrees of failure. Because basically... if your product gets as many things wrong as it does right... it does not pass muster.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Really like this series...is it still ongoing?

Loving the story, art, colors and especially the Alien Drones, might be the best ones I've ever seen, forgot to see who's drawing them.

Interesting....https://www.cbr.com/marvel-alien-xenomorphs-purpose/

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 25, 2021, 05:23:54 PM
forgot to see who's drawing them.

Toy photographers, mostly.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 25, 2021, 01:31:22 PM
Just look at Rotten Tomatoes as the way the U.S. looks at things. Anything under 60% or under 6/10 is a failure and represents just degrees of failure. Because basically... if your product gets as many things wrong as it does right... it does not pass muster.

RT is really more of a two point system, fresh and rotten. They do their own thing.

If you look at Metacritic (a US site), they lay out a direct translation of out of 100 to grades:

https://www.metacritic.com/about-metascores

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 25, 2021, 12:54:43 PM
Did you listen to the podcast?  The ten point system is different for us in the USA. Anything less than 7/10 is garbage, if I got a 6/10 (D) on a school paper I would be grounded as a kid
5/10 is a straight up failure.

That's the thing, it's not, regardless of region. This is conflating grading scale with rating scale. Though it is right on the borderline. I've looked, and have yet to see any rating site that uses out of 10 that considers 5 to be a flat-out failure, hence why I corrected myself. My concession was that being completely middle of the road could easily be considered a failure to many.

But find me any site that uses out of 10 scale which specifically lists 5 as a failure rather than smack dab in the middle, I haven't found one. But really this isn't that big of a discrepancy, just a perspective at where true bad begins, at 4, or at 5. If something is given a 4 or a 5 by the majority of critics and audiences, I don't think it can be described as liked in either case.

And with 5 stars (how we used to do things around here), if you're going with half stars, it's really just another 10 scale system.

Kradan

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 25, 2021, 06:52:25 PM
And with 5 stars (how we used to do things around here), if you're going with half stars, it's really just another 10 scale system.

Yep

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed