The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2014, 10:36:46 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 89,849 times)

Corporal Hicks

^^ That's more like what I expected to see.

That Yellow Alien

I was waiting for Jim Sterling's review, glad he liked it. He said it is one of his favorite horror games now. I'll take his word over IGN.

newbeing

newbeing

#17
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 03, 2014, 01:36:25 PM
^^ That's more like what I expected to see.

I'll confess to cherry picking good reviews. Though I feel like I have seen more favorable reviews to bad ones, which most people here have posted.

GodisaGeek 9/10 (thankya Jesus!)
http://www.godisageek.com/2014/10/alien-isolation-review/

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

#18
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Oct 03, 2014, 01:40:01 PM
I was waiting for Jim Sterling's review, glad he liked it. He said it is one of his favorite horror games now. I'll take his word over IGN.

Liked? More like loved. He gave it a 4.5 out of 5. Never saw that coming.


Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 01:22:52 PM
Seems like most of the reviews are complaining about the length and numerous faux-endings.

Disappointing though.

Disappointing how? There have been LOTS of scores above 7 already.


Seegson

Seegson

#20
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 03, 2014, 01:46:47 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Oct 03, 2014, 01:40:01 PM
I was waiting for Jim Sterling's review, glad he liked it. He said it is one of his favorite horror games now. I'll take his word over IGN.

Liked? More like loved. He gave it a 4.5 out of 5. Never saw that coming.


Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 01:22:52 PM
Seems like most of the reviews are complaining about the length and numerous faux-endings.

Disappointing though.

Disappointing how? There have been LOTS of scores above 7 already.

Love the Jim Sterlings "veredict" : I wont lie to you about your chances...but you have my sympathies

EPIC review by Jim

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

#21
IGN review has left a real sour taste in my mouth. Everywhere else it's scoring comfortably between 7-9/10.

Seegson

Seegson

#22
Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 03, 2014, 01:58:29 PM
IGN review has left a real sour taste in my mouth. Everywhere else it's scoring comfortably between 7-9/10.

The IGN review is weird...how can be a unpredictable AI a bad point?
: /

Anyway, i like this mixed scores. When a game has 9 and 5 scores.....its a rare piece of art ;D

newbeing

newbeing

#23
Quote from: SuicideDoors on Oct 03, 2014, 01:58:29 PM
IGN review has left a real sour taste in my mouth. Everywhere else it's scoring comfortably between 7-9/10.

IGN review states that Alien AI was unpredictable. Did they miss the memo or am I missing something?

Gamefront 92/100
http://www.gamefront.com/alien-isolation-review/1/

Darkness

Darkness

#24
Because it makes the game overly difficult. When you're dying that many times, it takes the fun out of it.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

#25
Quote from: Darkness on Oct 03, 2014, 02:02:38 PM
Because it makes the game overly difficult. When you're dying that many times, it takes the fun out of it.

1) Cry about it
2) Play it on easy or medium
3) Repeat

That Yellow Alien

How come a game like Dark Souls is praised for its crushing difficulty but A:I is criticized?

The Eighth Passenger

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 03, 2014, 01:46:47 PM
Disappointing how? There have been LOTS of scores above 7 already.

Indeed private, metacritic score currently stands at 80.

Corporal Hicks

It's been said all along the game is difficult. That's the point. It's supposed to be an uphill struggle. If you don't like that, you probably ain't gonna enjoy the game.

I'm interested to see how I handle that kind of game.

WinterActual

WinterActual

#29
QuoteThere's a lengthy section, about three quarters of the way through, when the emphasis shifts hard onto the Working Joes as your primary enemy, and it's no surprise that this is the worst part of the game: a joyless slog against a one-dimensional enemy that threatens to tip the whole experience into typical action game mode, all guns, fire and bombs.

ROFL!

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed