Best mods for Alien:Isolation?

Started by Still Collating..., Apr 09, 2018, 11:35:25 AM

Author
Best mods for Alien:Isolation? (Read 20,126 times)

Still Collating...

I've been playing the game for a long time now and I truly believe it's one of the best Alien experiences out there.

I'm mostly interested in the mods that make the game harder, yet not unrealistically so. I play on nightmare whenever I'm not playing the Survivor missions and it's great feeling. But it was always weird to me how the alien just drops down from the vents a lot more frequently and stays in the room you're hiding in a lot longer, yet wont find you if you hid well. I keep thinking if he knows I'm there, how is he not finding me? Doesn't make too much sense to me.  :laugh:

The solution for me was the Unpredictable Alien mod that unchains the invisible leash the Alien has to the player. Lets him explore a lot more further and drops down a bit less frequently without making him less aware and aggressive than he is when playing on Nightmare. Now this feels a lot more realistic to me. I see him less but when I do it's because I got careless and it feels like a surprise more and then I die of course. It feels like he is more unpredictable now. I really enjoy this mod, I believe it has a nice balance.
The link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/unpredictable-alien-mod

The other thing that was annoying were the loud footsteps. I understand why it was put there and it does make sense for a big creature. I would idly like for the stomps to be a lot more quieter, barley noticeable, but still there, or at least to remove the footsteps without making the Alien completely silent. And I found a mod for that just recently! It's called the Stalker Alien mod and if you only partially use the files you download you can have no footsteps (walking or running) and no pig squeal when he starts running at you. But you still have the hiss when you get seen/heard, all the other smaller growls, movement sounds, screams of pain when he gets shot and the sound of getting in and out of vents. To do that, you only have to replace the ALIEN.BNK files in DATA/SOUND with the ones he provides and that's it. It's a much more tense experience than before. Very refreshing!
Here's the link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-alien

The last thing I would like to see is just for the Alien to be more aware of his surroundings. I'd like to have him see better, be more sensitive to movement and sound and the flashlight, to react faster to them and to have a much wider field of view. Does anyone know how to do this or if there's a mod for this?
Sometimes he seems half blind. Especially when I'm next to him, his peripheral vision isn't the best. The only mod that seems like it could help, that I've come across, is the Alien Isolation Insane Mod but I haven't tried it yet and don't know if it's compatible with the unpredictable mod. Has anyone here tried it?
The link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/alien-isolation-insane-mod

Do you have any other suggestions for a more intense experience and what are your favorite mods (if you are using any) for the game?

tyg72

tyg72

I have two very good ones for you :

1. Alias isolation: antialiasing mod (with cinematic tools) ...you will love it

https://github.com/aliasIsolation/aliasIsolation/releases

2. No Hud Mod by theJanitor (he also make no hud mods for other Games)

http://www.moddb.com/games/alien-isolation/downloads/no-hud

Apollo

Apollo

I did hear of a Mod some time ago that completely removes the alien from the game and allows you to just explore and enjoy the station. Completely the opposite of 'Intense' i know but something different non the less.

Still Collating...

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't considered the No Hud Mod, but that would definitely make the experience more immersive, might try that one out. The antialiasing mod sounds wonderful though I'm not sure if my rig would be able to handle it, but I am curious about that one. If I update my rig with better hardware, I'll definitely be checking that one out.

I also heard about the mod that completely removes the alien and it is genius really, because it can help us enjoy the beautiful details CA has worked hard on. I might consider that mod if I want to explore the great detail of the station.

Most of all, I'm just looking for a way to increase Stompy's senses and I was surprised I haven't found any mod that tackles that issue.     

The Xenoborg

For some reason, the Unpredictable Alien mod makes closets and lockers insta-kill for me. The Alien seems to always kill me even though I do everything right (as per the vanilla game). Not sure what causes that for me.

Still Collating...

I can't say that that happens to me. Though I haven't hidden in a locker for a long time, mostly under or behind things, I changed my tactics over time. I'll have to hide in a locker again, just to check. It could depend on the level in single player or the map challenge mode. When Stompy gets pissed passed a pint, he will kill us fast.

I did notice a problem with hiding in closets and lockers a long time ago, before I got the mod. The first times I played the first DLC map, the one with Ransome, I also constantly died when I hid in closets and lockers. First I thought it was a glitch but then I saw what I was doing. I was pressing the prompts in the wrong order. I first leaned back and then I tried to hold my breath, instead of the other way around. When I first lean back, I can't hold my breath and then I die. When I followed the prompts correctly, things were back to normal. So maybe that's it?

Another tip, when you're in closets and lockers, there's still a way for Stompy to not notice and zero in on you. First, don't bring up the motion tracker, he can hear it, if not even see the light a bit. Second, if you lean left or right, so as to avoid the line of sight with Stompy, he almost certainly won't come. If you can't see him, he can't see you. This last bit really helps, I suggest you try it.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Still Collating... on Apr 11, 2018, 07:19:01 PM
Most of all, I'm just looking for a way to increase Stompy's senses and I was surprised I haven't found any mod that tackles that issue.     

Probably not what you're after, but there is an Aggressive Alien mod. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it heightens his senses or just puts him in a permanent state of agro.

Personally, I'd love to be able to replace the sounds for the Alien but it unfortunately doesn't seem possible. I found one mod that gets rid of the ridiculous foot stomping and growling, but it's a shame we can't replace those sounds with something more suitable.

God, I really miss the days of modding.

Still Collating...

Does anyone here have experience with the mod Life Savers v1.0 or the newer bundle of mods from the same creator called Alien Ultimate Nightmare? I'd like to here someone's opinion of it before I install it.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: Apollo on Apr 11, 2018, 03:48:41 PM
I did hear of a Mod some time ago that completely removes the alien from the game and allows you to just explore and enjoy the station. Completely the opposite of 'Intense' i know but something different non the less.
Yeah I've heard the same aswell. The working Joes are awful enough to deal with.

Oasis Nadrama

Could there be a mod which removes the Alien, the human enemies (which are the worst thing for me, I didn't sign up for this shit) and the hostile Working Joes?

I love the game, I've completed it two times on Normal, but now I just want to hang around on Sevastopol, the environments are so fascinating, poetic, powerfully evocative... The times when I was the most happy in the game were the times when there wasn't any danger, not by hate of the pressure and tension (I love pressure and tension), but by simple love of this weird abandoned space terminal.

Still Collating...

Didn't know of the last two mods. Really nice, thanks.

It seems strange to me that there's no mod that produces extreme senses for the Alien. I love the Unpredictable Alien mod, tried the Lifesavers, I'm trying now the Aggressive Alien mod, saw a few clips of the Insane mod, but they all still have the same problem. I can hide in a corner half a meter away and the alien wont notice me at all if he isn't facing me and just passing by. I wonder how difficult it is to widen the vision cones, sound and motion sensitivity, especially of the peripheral vision. I really want to be punished for hiding in a corner, without cover, literally in touching distance of the alien.

After that, the thing that bugs me the most is that I shouldn't be allowed to peak even for a moment if the alien is facing me, but you can always do that for at least a second. Not to mention how easy it is to "hide" behind a table/object that is shorter than you crouching. You clearly see the alien, but he doesn't see you because you're behind it, even when he's facing you. Those are all tiny exploits of the AI, and I can't not use them when I know how to and it makes the encounters easier than it should be for me. It breaks the immersion. And since I've seen these different mods make small changes to the alien's senses, I just wonder why isn't there an extreme version that fixes these problems?

Maybe I'm just a huge masochist, but damn this game makes me like getting punished. :laugh: I wonder how then can I make those changes in a relatively simple way. I know there are mod tools and some instructions, but it still seems like all very complicated to me.

As for Cauchemar, I found the mod you're looking for!
https://www.moddb.com/games/alien-isolation/downloads/friendly-alien-and-working-joes

Though it doesn't remove them and there are a few bugs that crash or block the game. I suggest you read the comments on the site to see how to get past them.

The Old One

The Old One

Insane A.I Modification's now patched.

Still Collating...

A recent one, really? I know there was an old one (no pun intended...) but people were still complaining that it was buggy, that the game was crashing cause of it.

The Old One

The Old One

Last month, 2019.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed