Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 115,847 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Apparently is being called Prometheus now, and is no longer even an Alien movie. Sorry I can't post a link, I'm on my iPhone now. But slashfilm.com has the story.

El Diablo

El Diablo

From Superherohype.com

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73281

RIDLEY SCOTT'S "PROMETHEUS" COMING MARCH 9, 2012

Twentieth Century Fox announced today that Ridley Scott will direct Prometheus, an original science fiction epic, for worldwide release on March 9, 2012. The initial draft of the script was written by Jon Spaihts (The Darkest Hour) from Scott's idea. Damon Lindelof ("Lost," Star Trek) and Scott have since been working together on the current version which has expanded the story into new directions.

Story details are being closely guarded so as not to spoil surprises for moviegoers, but Scott explained the outlines of the film and its genesis as follows: "While 'Alien' was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of 'Alien's' DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart."

"In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots," said Lindelof. "I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley's vision was for this movie. It's daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects. When I sat in a movie theater as a kid, feet raised off the floor for fear that something might grab my ankles, I never dreamed in my wildest imagination I would one day get to collaborate with the man responsible for it. Working alongside him has been nothing short of a dream come true."

Of the five major roles to be cast, Noomi Rapace is the first actor signed to star in the film. The young Swedish actress landed the role of scientist Elizabeth Shaw after Scott saw her portrayal of fictional Lisbeth Salander in the film The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo, for which she was lauded by Time magazine as a 2010 Performance of the Year. Rapace starred in all three entries of the breakout global franchise based on Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy of books (The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest are the other two entries), which have collectively grossed more than $212 million worldwide.

Sharp Sticks

http://www.slashfilm.com/ridley-scotts-alien-prequel-longer-alien-prequel-prometheus-starring-noomi-rapace/#more-95911

Coming out on my birthday, huh...

I'm actually really sad about this. I wanted an Alien movie.

Sharp Sticks

What the hell, this sucks and blows.

vikingspawn

wow that blows.   Not surprised about this.     I'd rather see the scriptment James Cameron had for Alien 5 over this.

Corporal Hicks

Well I didn't see this coming. I'm glad they made something original if Scott's ideas took it away from what we know of Alien. Gutted we wont get a new Alien film though.

Ogata881

First reaction:Ouch. :-X

Purebreedalien

I'm so f**king disappointed. :(

ThisBethesdaSea

People, this is an alien film, period. Now, it might be a different incarnation of the creature itself, but 'alien dna' means an earlier incarnation of the creature.

Nightmare Asylum

Completely unexpected, and horrible news. I was really looking forward to this.... I'm happy that Ridley is making an original movie, but I wanted the Alien Prequel... :-\

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 14, 2011, 11:55:24 PM
People, this is an alien film, period. Now, it might be a different incarnation of the creature itself, but 'alien dna' means an earlier incarnation of the creature.
They're talking about filmmaking, you silly goose. Filmmaking. The Alien is dead.

Vulhala

I doubt it. He'll be referring to the tone and look I would imagine.

First reaction? I'm taking this with a pinch of salt.

So far everything we've heard about the prequel has been 99% bull, no reason to suspect this is otherwise.

But if it's true? Then why not. We'd be foolish to think that Fox would let the franchise die, this just means we would have to wait a bit longer. In the meantime, we get a Scott directed Sci-Fi epic.

Cap. Fitzgerald

He didn't mean it literally, he meant the alien film influenced this one.
EDIT: Oh come on NA why did you give Sticks an opening to ninja me?

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Vulhala on Jan 14, 2011, 11:57:41 PM
First reaction? I'm taking this with a pinch of salt.

So far everything we've heard about the prequel has been 99% bull, no reason to suspect this is otherwise.

Seeing as they have a direct quote from Ridley, I'd say it's confirmed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed