Alien: Specimen - 40th Anniversary Short

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 02, 2019, 07:11:33 PM

Author
Alien: Specimen - 40th Anniversary Short (Read 46,133 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Spoopy.

Huggs

GroupofGuppies

GroupofGuppies

The facehugger acted confused and disoriented, which is puzzling.

judge death

I actually think the previous short was better, the spaceship and space shots was amazing and clear storyline and I would had loved to see what had happened onboard the main ship previously.
But I dont get how they onboard the escape pod cant remember if they got facehugged or not, should be pretty clear as in previous movies several hosts know and remember getting facehugged.
Also why the f**k both of the other survivors just panics and dont try to catch the chestburster, its not a full grown xeno and very weak, but no....
Would had myself hunt it down, break its neck and voila we are safe. There is nowhere it can hide on the ship and would take hours for it to grow up and it also would need to cocoon itself like the runner in alien 3 to reach adulthood. Find and kill it.
From the after credits shot I presume she was also facehugged earlier as I cant see how that chestburster could overpower a full grown woman.

This short movie:
I liked it but some things I noted or cant make sense of:
I always theorised the facehugger can spit small amounts of acid, hence in alien it managed to get inside kanes helmet, else it would never got inside and no movie, nice confirmation on that.
But why in hell is the acid white and not green?
Also the white substance coming out from the barrel the facehugger was inside, what was that? The eggs dont look like that, can only guess the company tried to secure the facehugger with some substance. Couldnt be this movies version of lots of acid....
Only way a dog could beat a facehugger and bite it to death would been if the dog is an android, else the facehugger would had gotten it. But also there: why is the acid remains and the acid on the dog white?! Should be green/yellowish like in previous movies and that amount of acid would had eaten through the floor easily. Also that shovel would had melted.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: judge death on Apr 08, 2019, 06:27:01 PMBut I dont get how they onboard the escape pod cant remember if they got facehugged or not, should be pretty clear as in previous movies several hosts know and remember getting facehugged.

Kane didn't. Ripley didn't. Purvis didn't.

Quote from: judge death on Apr 08, 2019, 06:27:01 PMOnly way a dog could beat a facehugger and bite it to death would been if the dog is an android, else the facehugger would had gotten it. But also there: why is the acid remains and the acid on the dog white?! Should be green/yellowish like in previous movies and that amount of acid would had eaten through the floor easily. Also that shovel would had melted.

The dog is an android.

Voodoo Magic

You mean the thing that looks like a dog is an andoid.

Quote from: judge death on Apr 08, 2019, 06:27:01 PM
I always theorised the facehugger can spit small amounts of acid, hence in alien it managed to get inside kanes helmet, else it would never got inside and no movie, nice confirmation on that.
But why in hell is the acid white and not green?

Kradan, it's time to create an acid spit thread!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 08, 2019, 06:47:45 PMYou mean the thing that looks like a dog is an andoid.

It prefers the term "artificial muttley".

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 08, 2019, 06:49:35 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 08, 2019, 06:47:45 PMYou mean the thing that looks like a dog is an andoid.

It prefers the term "artificial muttley".

So it giggles and helicopter flies with its tail? Where do I pre-order???  ;D

ScaryMinds

Quote from: dHunter333 on Apr 06, 2019, 03:55:40 AM
So the dog was an android of sorts...?
The skin on it's head came off because it bit or scratched the facehugger...?
Confused.

Quite the shock that it was artificial, hence I guess the line about not giving it a name.

Yes I think we are meant to infer the AI dog bite into the face hugger, and yes all sorts of plot holes from that notion, but hey 10 minute short, they nailed it, looking forward to the next one.

Pleased the whole "speciman" wasn't what I thought it was going to be  ;D

Samhain13

That's what the facehugger does in the movie novelization.

Voodoo Magic

I actually think the previous short was better,

I do too. Even with its problems.  :)

judge death

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 08, 2019, 06:35:22 PM
Quote from: judge death on Apr 08, 2019, 06:27:01 PMBut I dont get how they onboard the escape pod cant remember if they got facehugged or not, should be pretty clear as in previous movies several hosts know and remember getting facehugged.

Kane didn't. Ripley didn't. Purvis didn't.

Quote from: judge death on Apr 08, 2019, 06:27:01 PMOnly way a dog could beat a facehugger and bite it to death would been if the dog is an android, else the facehugger would had gotten it. But also there: why is the acid remains and the acid on the dog white?! Should be green/yellowish like in previous movies and that amount of acid would had eaten through the floor easily. Also that shovel would had melted.

The dog is an android.

In Aliens when Ripley is in the room with the weyland and higher up people she tells them what Kane explained after he got back to the ship, like he saw thousands of eggs in there and details he never said over the radio in the derelight ship, and also could remember he was in there and that he couldnt breath and somewhat memories. In ripley and purvis cases theyw ere asleep when the facehugger struck. In Aliens the surviving woman in the hive seemed to know very well what had happened to her, and then we have all the expanded universe.

That is what I meant with the dog is an android, it was a give away to me way before the ending the dog isnt a normal dog due to the reasons I said. :)

Still no one can explain why the acid is white, heck its not normal for xenomorphs to have white blood, different breed of xenomorph?

The Old One

The Old One

DALLAS
"Do you remember what happened on the planet."

KANE
"Just some horrible dream, about... smothering. 
Where are we?"

The acid is colourless, (Budget) the dissolved floor's white.
The new EU corroborates the memory loss idea.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: ScaryMinds on Apr 08, 2019, 06:55:18 PMYes I think we are meant to infer the AI dog bite into the face hugger, and yes all sorts of plot holes from that notion, but hey 10 minute short, they nailed it, looking forward to the next one.

What plot holes? Like the fact the dog's entire face got dissolved?

Quote from: judge death on Apr 08, 2019, 07:24:25 PMIn Aliens when Ripley is in the room with the weyland and higher up people she tells them what Kane explained after he got back to the ship, like he saw thousands of eggs in there and details he never said over the radio in the derelight ship, and also could remember he was in there and that he couldnt breath and somewhat memories.

Kane says there are loads of eggs before he is Facehugged, over the radio to Dallas and Lambert. The fact that got mistranslated as "thousands" in the sequel is the fault of the second film's script. As Old One says, Kane quite definitively states he has no idea what happened to him inside the derelict afterwards.

Quote from: judge death on Apr 08, 2019, 07:24:25 PMIn ripley and purvis cases theyw ere asleep when the facehugger struck. In Aliens the surviving woman in the hive seemed to know very well what had happened to her, and then we have all the expanded universe.

I'll give you Ripley, but we see the captured colonists aren't in hypersleep when they're 'hugged in Resurrection. And the woman in Aliens knew bad shit was happening because she'd presumably seen Chestbursters rip out of others while stuck to the wall down there.

Quote from: judge death on Apr 08, 2019, 07:24:25 PMStill no one can explain why the acid is white, heck its not normal for xenomorphs to have white blood, different breed of xenomorph?

The acid isn't white. That's the android gloop from the dog.

The only acid we see is the stuff that melts the floor, and that's clear.

XenoHunter99

I give these shorts the same sort of free pass I give any fan movie. I like the woman writing "Do Not Open" in blood on the window, and I like the robot dog as hostile organism sniffer. Hats off to what these folks achieved. Look forward to seeing the rest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed