ALIEN: The Archive (Mark Salisbury, September 2, 2014)

Started by Cvalda, Feb 20, 2014, 04:31:51 PM

Author
ALIEN: The Archive (Mark Salisbury, September 2, 2014) (Read 48,485 times)

SM

Why would there not be a new Giger interview?

Saw this in a bookshop the other day.  Looks rather nice.

Cvalda

Was afraid this would turn out to be nothing but the same ol' thing regurgitated in brand new drag, but luckily it seems not to (at least partly) be the case. Guess I let my preorder stand now.

marrerom

I hope there will be some new pictures of the deleted sequence from A:R which had Alien in a jungle like setting. That and new concept art/ behind the scenes pics would be awesome. I'm definitely picking this up.

SM

The jungle sequence was never shot.  It got cut well before they started shooting.

Kimarhi

SM CRUSHING DREAMS.

marrerom

damn dude.  Burst my bubble why dont you?  ;)

I could have sworn I saw a picture of two A:R aliens crawling through jungle leaves somewhere on the internet a long time ago.  Unless that was fan made?

SM

This one.

It was fake.  Mocked up for a magazine article.

Sorry.

marrerom

yeah that's the one. oh well, I'm still going to be buying the Alien Archive.

HuDaFuK

Plus one for the people interested in this book. May well pre-order a copy.

SM

Asked the First Lady to put it on the birthday list.  :)

HuDaFuK

I really hope this does go into some depth on the later films, as the blurb claims. Just because they aren't as good as the first two doesn't mean I'm any less interested in the behind the scenes story, but they always seem to get sidelined in favour of Alien and Aliens.

Robot Sentry

I'd even go as far to say that of all the retrospective looks at the franchise, that Aliens is often left out a bit more now too. Not as much as Alien 3 and Resurrection are, but everyone has gone crazy for the original Alien more lately. Probably partly to do with Sir Ridley Scott returning to the franchise a few years ago, as well as the recent build up and good word of mouth for Alien: Isolation.

I would love both an ALIENS Vault and an ALIEN 3 Vault. Hopefully we'll see them someday.

wgfkas

wgfkas

Thats funny, the box under Ash's head is from a Dutch company in my home town. Wonder what the connection is...

www.ksdental.nl

LarsVader

DemonicD13

OMG, just came in the mail. This thing is F'ing massive. Wont even fit on my book shelf. Not sure how I'm going to display this monster. Wow.

:laugh:  :o  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed