Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology

Started by BryanThomasS, Jan 07, 2021, 08:18:28 PM

Author
Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology (Read 62,863 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Miguel on May 31, 2021, 01:27:01 PM
Seems Scott Sigler's story title is "Another Mother". I can't wait to read it!

https://twitter.com/scottsigler/status/1399044283676647424

This is still the weirdest thing to me; I'm not sure how I feel about an AVP story serving as a direct followup to what was a standalone Alien story.

I am curious, though. I really liked Sigler's writing and the world of Ataegina, so I'll probably have to give this entry a read.

BlueMarsalis79

Did this for fun, might properly finish it, might not.

Xiggz456

Beautiful sketch! Well done

BlueMarsalis79

Thank you, I'm not that fond of the Predator though, more intimately familiar with the Alien.

Immortan Jonesy

Amazing sketch indeed ~ 8) keep it up!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 01, 2021, 04:21:59 PMThis is still the weirdest thing to me; I'm not sure how I feel about an AVP story serving as a direct followup to what was a standalone Alien story.

I dunno, I'm cool with it. It's not like they didn't already do the same thing with Berserker leading into War (even if War was a bit of a letdown).

Samhain13

And we had Sea of Sorrows leading to the Rage War.

Voodoo Magic

Just embrace your repressed Predator love already, NA!  ;D

Nightmare Asylum

I do love Predator. Well, the first two movies at least. But as their own franchise!

Voodoo Magic

I know, I'm just teasing..  ;)

In all seriousness though, does AvP concept work for you generally, if it's self contained within its own vacuum?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 01, 2021, 10:36:48 PM
Thank you, I'm not that fond of the Predator though, more intimately familiar with the Alien.

I think they both look mighty good! 👏

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 02, 2021, 01:09:58 PM
I know, I'm just teasing..  ;)

In all seriousness though, does AvP concept work for you generally, if it's self contained within its own vacuum?

Not really. I guess if an AVP story is good enough I'd be able to get into it, but on the whole, I just don't care for the idea of these two franchises actually crossing over. They don't feel all that compatible to me. The things I enjoy about one are totally different than the things I enjoy about the other.

Corporal Hicks

What about the first comic or Briggs' script?

Nightmare Asylum

I actually haven't read the comic, though I was really into the novelization Prey back in the day. I read that at least twice, from what I recall. It hasn't really held up for me over time though.

Similar deal with the original DH Aliens sequel comics (and novelizations), actually. I really liked those back when I was getting into the franchise (hence my username :D), but over time they kind of lost their luster.

BlueMarsalis79

The original comic's great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed