New Prometheus Blu-ray Clip

Started by ikarop, Oct 03, 2012, 09:20:58 PM

Author
New Prometheus Blu-ray Clip (Read 12,231 times)

ikarop

ikarop

20th Century Fox has released a new preview clip from the Prometheus Blu-ray. This time showing Ridley Scott’s attempts at scaring the actors in a similar way that he did in Alien with the chestbursting scene. This time Kate Dickie (Ford) gets the scare a la Veronica Cartwright.

Click on the image below to watch it.

Prime113

Prime113

Awesome.

szkoki

szkoki

ahwww like kids :D

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

That's great! I couldn't stop rewatching the part where the Hammerpede jumps out, their reactions are priceless XD

Nightmare Asylum

Huh, that was pretty cool. Though I honestly don't even remember that sequence in the film :P

Snowdog

Snowdog

:laugh: love that ridley is still using this technique :P He did it with alien and now with prometheus. awesome

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

LIES! There was that wire coming out!
Stop trying to make Prom seem cool!

Ash 937

Ash 937

The more I see clips like this the more I feel that this film is just, well...unoriginal.  Didn't Ridley attempt to do the same thing in Alien with the chestburster scene?  Why didn't he just shoot the Jon Spailhts script in this case??? 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 04, 2012, 03:09:45 AM
Didn't Ridley attempt to do the same thing in Alien with the chestburster scene?

Yep. And judging by the chestburster scene, it definitely got him results. If it works, why not try it again?

Gash

Gash

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Oct 04, 2012, 02:43:49 AM
LIES! There was that wire coming out!
Stop trying to make Prom seem cool!

Maybe that's why they mentioned the wire?

And a wire could be attached to the prop for any number of reasons. Fact is; shock affect achieved.

The level of bile aimed at this film is ridiculous and I'm starting to feel sorry for the haters. Why waste your time here if you get nothing from the movie except apoplectic rage?

dave1978

dave1978

Oh how amazing,  like she didnt notice the wire ready to whip it out of there, what a load of rubbish they are trying to force feed us, so daft, do they think everyone is stupid. Oh and it really WASNT SCARY RIDLEY

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Ash 937 on Oct 04, 2012, 03:09:45 AM
The more I see clips like this the more I feel that this film is just, well...unoriginal.  Didn't Ridley attempt to do the same thing in Alien with the chestburster scene?  Why didn't he just shoot the Jon Spailhts in this case???

Er.. what?

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: dave1978 on Oct 04, 2012, 08:23:58 AM
Oh how amazing,  like she didnt notice the wire ready to whip it out of there, what a load of rubbish they are trying to force feed us, so daft, do they think everyone is stupid. Oh and it really WASNT SCARY RIDLEY

Have you never watched the making of Alien? I'd go back and watch that in order to understand what goes on in production and how aware/unaware those particular actors were during the chestburster scene. I certainly don't think the scenes are comparable in terms of originality, shock value or even on screen emphasis, but clearly the actor involved was taken aback - she wasn't acting it.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: dave1978 on Oct 04, 2012, 08:23:58 AM

Thats the same as saying we didn't think it was going to shoot out of it's mouth, or jump out of the shadows....

Just because you know somethings about to happen doesn't mean you won't shit your pants when does.

QuoteThe level of bile aimed at this film is ridiculous

Agreed. You can't visit one thread without someone waffling on then another hot on the tails to back em up. It's a behind the scenes extra FFS.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Darth Vile on Oct 04, 2012, 10:26:51 AMHave you never watched the making of Alien? I'd go back and watch that in order to understand what goes on in production and how aware/unaware those particular actors were during the chestburster scene.

In summary, the actors in Alien knew what was going to happen, they just didn't know how much blood was to be coming at their faces.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed