Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC

Started by ikarop, Jul 09, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

Author
Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC (Read 60,668 times)

hfeldhaus

hope i dont have to pre-order it to get the dlc. id be happy paying the game and then the dlc if its good

Xenomorphine

I don't see anything to indicate any of the original actors have done any voice-work. Signing a form to allow your likeness is just a signature and doesn't entail personal involvement. Any audio might be severely limited and be nothing more than using clips from the film.

Honestly, if they'd managed to get as lucrative a coup as that, I'd think they'd put it front and centre for the basic edition, personally.

Even so, I'm impressed with how well done those likenesses are, but wonder if they were purely for promotional art purposes or if we see any of them in the actual playing experience.

Dill-On

Dill-On

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jul 09, 2014, 07:49:42 PM
hope i dont have to pre-order it to get the dlc. id be happy paying the game and then the dlc if its good

DLC will be available 8 days after the premiere of "Alien: Isolation".

Vakarian

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 09, 2014, 08:03:28 PM
I don't see anything to indicate any of the original actors have done any voice-work. Signing a form to allow your likeness is just a signature and doesn't entail personal involvement. Any audio might be severely limited and be nothing more than using clips from the film.

Honestly, if they'd managed to get as lucrative a coup as that, I'd think they'd put it front and centre for the basic edition, personally.

Even so, I'm impressed with how well done those likenesses are, but wonder if they were purely for promotional art purposes or if we see any of them in the actual playing experience.

In the article it says she recorded new dialogue. Also Weaver herself said it was strange reading her lines again 35 years later.

Stringer2355

With the "Alien" cast returning, wondering if there will be audio diaries (collectables) from the cast that you fined that give you more insight about the crew, internal squabbles, foreshadowing events , Ellen talking about her daughter Amanda. (ex. Amanda founds one of the diaries , Ellen talking about a gift she would give to Amanda on her Birthday, the one Ellen missed.

When playing on the Nostromo will you use the original tracker or the new model ?

Will Jonsey make a appearance ?

Hudson

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 09, 2014, 08:03:28 PM

Take 90 seconds to watch the trailer.

SpaceMarines

Shit, man, this sounds damned interesting. Hope it's released as separate DLC down the line, though; nothing pisses me off more than store-exclusive preorder bonuses.

I repeat that sentiment that I wish Hurt and Holm were involved, but alas, the Brits have been left out.

Quarax

Mr. Clemens

Gamestop Canada makes no mention of the DLC on their preorder page. Is there a Canadian alternative, or must I order from the US?

ikarop

There's always a retailer in your country that offers/will offer the DLC. It varies from country to country so it may not be Gamestop if you're outside the US (even if Gamestop is in your country). Just need to wait a bit longer until the exclusives are sorted out.

OpenMaw

Told ya Brett would be in the game.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Vakarian on Jul 09, 2014, 08:22:19 PM
In the article it says she recorded new dialogue. Also Weaver herself said it was strange reading her lines again 35 years later.

Didn't see that, yeah. No indications as to how extensive the recording sessions were, though. I'm doubting there was much to do, considering her mission starts with all the crew dead - nobody to speak to. The 'Expendable' content might possibly be different.

Quote from: Hudson on Jul 09, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
Take 90 seconds to watch the trailer.

I did.

Hudson

QuoteI did.

Ok. It just seemed like you were doubting new recorded dialogue even though you can hear Yaphet Kotto's voice speaking new recorded dialogue.

OpenMaw

Can you, though? It honestly doesn't sound anything like him.

SpaceMarines

Nah, that was definitely him. He's just old now.

Skerritt and Weaver sound almost identical still, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed