Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC Playthroughs

Started by Adam802, Oct 06, 2014, 10:38:13 PM

Author
Crew Expendable and Last Survivor DLC Playthroughs (Read 60,368 times)

Taxemic

What difficulty did you play on? I couldn't shake him off on hard.

Corporal Hicks

Played them both on medium. I've got a week off coming up at the start of December and I'm going to be doing my Hard replay.

Dark Blade1

i get the back story now of the game.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 31, 2014, 03:14:30 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Oct 30, 2014, 05:26:44 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 20, 2014, 06:28:22 AM
It isn't Ian Holm.  They had to give him credit because they used his likeness.

Why wasn't Ian Holm in the DLC again?

He rarely even speaks about Alien. Seems to have put it behind him.
I recall hearing it was health reasons.

blood.

So, having never completed these dlc's I decided to give them  a crack today and just like the main game cranked it on hard right away. As soon as I went down and triggered the alien to start searching for me I felt this feeling of dread like no game has made me feel. I feel almost paralyzed by this game, I can't play it. It's like all I can muster is to inch forwards frantically switching between flamethrower and motion tracker. :/ I am a pussy.

predxeno

Don't worry, it gets easier once you learn to overcome your fear. ;)

OpenMaw

The genius therein, you are taking the same journey that Ripley herself took in the first two films.  :)

Corporal Hicks

The Vents absolutely shit me up on my playthroughs. I felt like I'd never make it through it.

vikingr

Do you guys feel the same about the difference in difficulty? Crew Expandable was much harder for me than Last Survivor was.

Hudson

Quote from: vikingr on Feb 23, 2015, 12:15:50 PM
Do you guys feel the same about the difference in difficulty? Crew Expandable was much harder for me than Last Survivor was.

Crew Expendable is way harder. I've played Last Survivor through maybe twice and never found it all that hard, maybe beaten Crew Expendable twice, but it took me about a million tries.

One thing you have to remember in most cases is that you have a ton of flamethrower fuel in both DLCs. You can use it to your advantage in the Crew Expendable vent segment actually, you just have to hold down a much longer blast to get the Alien to leave you alone. It was a friend of mine who didn't know how to play the game very well yet who discovered this, I never thought it would work.

Engineer

Woah! Ok, so I realize I'm REALLY late to this, but did I understand this correctly? Crew expendable is NOT a semi-faithful recreation of a movie scene, but rather a scene that never got filmed?!?!?!?

Hudson

Quote from: Engineer on Jun 05, 2016, 08:52:56 PM
Woah! Ok, so I realize I'm REALLY late to this, but did I understand this correctly? Crew expendable is NOT a semi-faithful recreation of a movie scene, but rather a scene that never got filmed?!?!?!?

It sort of feels like a combination between the uncompleted airlock sequence where Ash sets off the alarm to scare the Alien, and also the scene in the film where Dallas goes into the air shaft. Although you can play as either Ripley, Dallas, or Parker. There is some unique dialogue for each.

SJTR5

You'll never believe What I had to go through, and it was on Novice (what I get for a used playstation 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrbbUvFVFjw&list=PLZnO3fcISJ_hwPFlnA1x0qvG-6jDigqwg

SJTR5

I do wish CA did a little more to last survivor for this spot in particular (and others I could mention, but that has a list for another day).

SJTR5

A NoEdit Full Playthrough of Crew Expendable (except for the loading times. seriously, 4 minutes of load time to reset to check point. ... ... well that's what I get for a used PS3)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed