Why the PREDATOR sequels get the face WRONG [Opinion Piece]

Started by bendinglight, Feb 21, 2021, 05:43:58 AM

Author
Why the PREDATOR sequels get the face WRONG [Opinion Piece] (Read 30,858 times)

bendinglight

bendinglight

A wonderful video from CorderyFX on YouTube that goes into a nice review of the Predator heads over the course of the films. Some of the photoshop updates are interesting to see a different view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNiLv8wBJX4

*changed title name. Hicks.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, at least this one is in its own thread ...

... oh wait

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

To be fully honest I've never heard of Cordery FX. Aren't they too small of an fx company to be taking on the next predator ?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's not concerning that.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Video does a good job of explaining the issue.

Pearlhead

Pearlhead

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 21, 2021, 10:48:41 AM
To be fully honest I've never heard of Cordery FX. Aren't they too small of an fx company to be taking on the next predator ?

More of a movie reviewer and commentator than a company. He has done effects for movies, tho mostly obscure low budget movies.

Lost_Hunter

Lost_Hunter

This is awesome! Hopefully the right people are listening! Well done

Kradan

Kradan

Bashing Berserker Predators face design ?

And argument like "It just sucks" just doesn't count

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Pearlhead on Feb 21, 2021, 05:26:04 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 21, 2021, 10:48:41 AM

More of a movie reviewer and commentator than a company. He has done effects for movies, tho mostly obscure low budget movies.

Oh ok thanks.

Kradan

Kradan

Ok, I've watched the video. I especially liked one point he brought up: Preds' faces from original and from P2 were designed with closed mandibles in mind while AvP movies and subsequent sequels went with the opposite idea of mandibles being able to open as far as possible. Not something I've ever thought about before

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I agree about the floppy skin making them look cheap and fake. That's a big obvious problem and to think nobody changed that is baffling to be honest.

Kradan

Kradan

I've said the same thing about "scientists" in Prometheus but I've never noticed skin flopping issue untill it was brought up to me by someone else. I guess, I'm just blind to such things  :D

426Buddy

426Buddy

Always been very noticable to me.

Kradan

Kradan

Idk, it helps when AvP was your introduction point

426Buddy

426Buddy

Most likely the reality of it actually. I idolized the first two films for over a decade before Scar took his helmet off.

I grew up being blown away by the effects work on Jungle & City Hunter

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed